The Graduate School of Economic and Management Sciences' call for applications will recruit for full-time PhD scholarship positions, funded by the Graduate School to a maximum of R138 000 per year for three years. The Graduate School allocates these scholarships by considering each application on its own merit.
PhD Positions at Stellenbosch University’s Graduate School of Economic and Management Sciences, South Africa.
Candidates must meet the following minimum criteria to be considered for a scholarship:
- A candidate must meet the minimum criteria for admission to a PhD at Stellenbosch University. This requires a master's degree in the relevant discipline or, in exceptional circumstances, an equivalent qualification.
- Candidates must have achieved a grade of 65% in their master's programmes.
- Preference will be given to applicants younger than 40.
- Only applications in one of the Faculty's Research Themes will be considered.
- All students who meet the above criteria will be considered.
Please ensure that your three references are informed that their referee reports stating your capability to complete doctoral studies should be sent directly to the Graduate School via email (GEM@sun.ac.za) on or before 1 August 2022.
Due to the large number of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not received communication from the Graduate School Office by the 15th of October 2022, the application should be considered as unsuccessful.
The new intake of PhDs will commence their studies on the 16th of January 2023.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.