The Master Degree Program in Statistics and Information Management, with a specialization in Information Analysis and Management, aims to train experts and managers qualified to lead and guide information collection, compilation, analysis, and management inside organizations. The analysts and information managers have the vital task of organizing and analyzing information from organizations and translating it into actions to achieve tangible goals. The major goal of this program is to create skills for decision-making support and to promote decision-making improvements in organizations.
Who is it for?
The Master Degree Program in Statistics and Information Management, with a specialization in Information Analysis and Management, is aimed at everyone whose concern for analysis and treatment of information is critical to perform their roles, namely managers and technical staff involved in information production for strategic decision-making support in organizations. Marketing technical staff and managers, experts in market research and CRM, Information technologies managers, technical staff of Risk Management, Information systems managers, are among the target groups of this program.
This program lasts 3 semesters: 2 correspond to the curricular component and 1 to the development of a thesis, work project or internship report, in a total of 95 ECTS.
The curricular component (1st and 2nd semesters of the program) corresponds to 60 ECTS, of which 41 are in Mandatory Course Units:
- Mandatory Course Units
- Applied Multivariate Data Analysis
- Econometrics Methods
- Forecasting Methods
- Research Methodologies
- Sampling Theory and Methods
- Statistical Analysis
- Entry Requirements
To enter this program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in a compatible field (completed by September 2022);
- Be proficient in English (spoken and written).
How to Apply and Selection Process
To complete the application, the applicant must register in NOVA IMS' Applications Portal, fill the form, upload their Curriculum Vitae, choose the program and pay the application fee in the Portal.
The selection process is based on the analysis of academic and professional curriculum. The members of the Admissions’ Jury Panel may decide to hold an interview with all or some candidates – face-to-face or videoconference.
The fee of the application is €51. The application can only be considered after the payment of the application fee, within the stipulated period, non-refundable in case of withdrawal or non-admission in the program.
After being admitted to the program and upon confirmation of enrollment, the applicant must make a payment of a pre-registration fee (around one week after the admission result announcement), deductible in this master program's tuition fee, non-refundable in case of withdrawal, with the following value:
- €1.150 for applicants from EU and Portuguese-speaking countries;
- €2.500 for applicants from other countries, unless their registration fee is provided by an official entity.
Upon registration, students should make the following payments:
- €35 - for enrollment fee (the value is updated annually);
- €1,40 - for annual school insurance (the value is updated annually).
- Students who choose to pay the tuition fee in a single payment have a 5% discount on the payable amount;
- Students who choose to pay the tuition fee in two installments have a 2,5% discount on the payable amount.
- NOVA IMS' Alumni ( Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Master Degree and Doctoral Programs) from a different program of the one they will attend have a 20% discount on the tuition fee, cumulative with the financial discount;
- Companies that finance the program to 2 employees, in the same academic year, have a 10% discount on the tuition fee. This discount is not cumulative with other discounts;
- Companies that finance the program to 3 or more employees, in the same academic year, have a 20% discount on the tuition fee. This discount is not cumulative with other discounts.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.