The programme AFRIKA KOMMT! brings together the most visionary young leaders from Africa and leading German companies. Companies benefit from the expertise, knowledge, local network and unique African perspective of the young professionals. The African fellows dive deep into the German corporate specifics, German business spirit and the German culture. Empowered with international experience, technical skills and German language they become African change agents for the sake of both: the German business relations with Africa as well as for economic and social growth in the fellows’ home countries and communities.
AFRIKA KOMMT is an initiative of German companies for future leaders of African countries. The program targets highly qualified young professionals with a few years of professional experience, leadership qualities and a high level of commitment and determination.
- At the heart of the program is an eight-month practical training within a German company allowing the participant to:
- to gain first-hand experience in a leading German company;
- to be exposed to the concept of leadership and practical management techniques;
- to become familiar with work processes and with the business culture in German companies;
- to increase their skills in international management;
- initiate cooperation networks between Africa and German companies.
To apply for the programme you must:
- Be a Citizen of any African country
- Have a University degree in a relevant subject
- Postgraduate degree (e.g. MBA) is an advantage
- Have two to five years work experience
- Have excellent English language skills
- Basic knowledge of the German language is an advantage
- Not be older than 35 years at the time of application
Further Selection Criteria
- In addition to the above technical and educational requirements, you should also have the following skills and attributes:
- Language and communication skills:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- High willingness to learn German
- High leadership potential
- Strong self-motivation and self-starter mentality
- High level of dedication, commitment and target-orientation
- Strong capacity for teamwork
- High level of enthusiasm, flexibility and resilience
- Open mindset
- Outstanding intercultural competencies
- Ability to adapt to new environments quickly
- Ability to reflect own behavior and bias
- Eligible Regions: African Countries
For further information, please click the "LINK TO ORIGINAL" button below.