Sino-US Cultural Scholarship for US Citizens 2017
This programme is sponsored by the Ministry of Education of China, in response to President Barack Obama's proposal of sending 100,000 American students to study in China. The programme plans to finance a total of 10,000 American students, either for degree studies or just for non-degree credits.
The degree-study scholarship provides full funds for full-time American undergraduate, master’s or doctoral candidates admitted by the designated Chinese universities. The scholarship for non-degree credits is to encourage the establishment of exchange programmes, or expansion of existing ones, between the designated Chinese universities and their American counterparts.
(1) Applicants must be American citizens in good health;
(2) Education background and age limit:
Applicants for bachelor’s degree studies must have a high school diploma and be under the age of 25.
Applicants for master's degree studies must have a bachelor's degree and be under the age of 35.
Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have a master's degree and be under the age of 40.
■ Chinese-medium undergraduate, master's and doctoral programmes
Most programmes are taught in Chinese. More information is available at the official website.
■ English-medium master's and doctoral programmes
English-medium master's programmes are available on the official website.
1) If the number of admitted students is less than five, the University will advise applicants to change their program choice.
2) For detailed information on program coordinators at their respective colleges or schools, please visit the official website.
English-medium doctoral programmes are available on the official website.
1) If the number of admitted students in the PhD program offered by the School of Management is less than five, the University will advise applicants to change their program choice.
2) For detailed information on supervisors and program coordinators at their respective colleges or schools, please visit the official website.
Note: This scholarship is not available to students majoring in their native language or in a third-country language such as English or French.
Selection and notification
Applicants will be given priority consideration if they graduate from world-renowned universities, XMU's sister universities or are recommended by senior professors or experts. Scholarship decisions will be made on the basis of the applicants’ application documents, academic performance, overall merits, research achievements and supervisors' comments. The final list of nominees will be submitted to China Scholarship Council for final approval. The result will be published on the website of the Admissions Office in end-June 2017. Scholarship awardees will be notified via email and their Admission Notice and Visa Application Form (JW201) will be sent out as soon as possible.
Address: Admissions Office of Xiamen University, Fujian Province, P.R. China 361005
Tel: +86 (0)592 218 4792, 218 8375 Fax: +86 (0)592 218 0256
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.