Vice Chancellor's International Scholarships
Value of award
Number of awards
Start date and duration
September 2017 for one year of study.
There are three closing dates, 28 February 2017, 5 May 2017 and 31 July 2017.
The University will allocate a proportion of available scholarships to the highest scoring valid applicants following these dates.
Unsuccessful candidates will be carried-forward from the first and second award cycles and may receive scholarships in the following award cycle.
Applicants should note that the following students are not eligible to receive Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarships:
- UK or EU students assessed as ‘home’ for fee purposes.
- MPhil, doctoral (eg,PhD, Integrated PhD, EngD, DClinPych), Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma, Newcastle University intercalating students or placement, study abroad or exchange students. MSc Hydroinfomatics and Water Management (Euro Aquae) students are not eligible for this award.
- holders of fully-funded scholarships (full payment of fees and living expenses) such as Chevening Scholarships, Commonwealth Scholarships or other fully sponsored awards.
- students in receipt of India Great Scholarships or Santander Scholarships
- pathway students progressing to the University from INTO Newcastle
- current students, registered in 2016/17 or earlier, who have already commenced Undergraduate or Masters’ studies at the time of award: awards cannot be made retrospectively
- applicants initially assessed as international for fee purposes but whose fees change to ‘home’.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.