The North South Cooperation of the University of Zurich (UZH), in collaboration with the Oeuvre St.-Justin Fribourg, is awarding grants to up to three mobility students from African universities for the academic year 2016-17. The grants can be used to study one or two semesters at UZH.
Grants are only awarded if a professor at UZH guarantees supervision and has a strong interest in working with the mobility student’s home institution.
- The main applicant must be a full professor at UZH.
- The mobility student must be enrolled as a Master’s degree student or PhD student at an African institution of higher education and research during the planned stay at UZH.
- Contacts must already be established between the institute of the supervising UZH professor and the mobility student’s home institution.
Applications must be submitted by an UZH professors. Incomplete applications and applications handed in directly by mobility students will not be considered. Please submit the completed application form and all required documents to the Coordinator North-South.
- Supervising UZH professor’s interest in collaborating with the mobility student’s home institution
- Academic achievement of the mobility student
- Motivation of the mobility student in choosing UZH
- Compatibility of the mobility student’s research project and/or study plan with the activities of the host institute
At the latest three weeks before the end of the mobility grant, the grant recipient and the supervising professor must submit a final report to the Coordination Center North-South. The last installment of the grant will only be paid after receiving the final report.
Applications for the academic year 2016/17 must be submitted by 15 February 2016at the Coordination Center North South. The decision on awarding the grants will be announced by 4 April 2016.