Career Opportunities: Information Management Internship - GLOBAL LOGISTICS CLUSTER, Rome-Italy
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Currently enrolled and have attended University courses in the last 12 months inclusive of having completed at least three years of undergraduate studies or have recently graduated in the last 6 months’in Economics, Social Sciences or other fields related to Information Management ;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Fluent in English, French is a distinctive advantage;
- Previous internships in development or communications-related fields are desirable;
Key skills: Excellent written and verbal communications skills; good research and analytical skills; ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure as part of a team; good communication skills; excellent written and analytical skills. Experience in using Social Media in a professional context.
Technical skills: Proficient in MS Office package, particularly in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Demonstrated ability in data acquisition and knowledge of Access or other database tools is an advantage. Experience with HTML is also a plus.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the maximum amount of US$1000 per month depending on the duty station of assignment. The current amount for Rome is around $860.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, necessary visas and related costs.
- Depending on the duty station of assignment, WFP will reimburse travel ticket for candidates who are nationals of developing countries and are pursuing their studies in their home country.
- WFP will recognize candidates’ educational credentials from recognised institutions that have been certified by competent international or national authorities such as the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) or Ministries of Education;
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline for applications: 21 June 2017
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.