Career Opportunities: Information Management Internship - GLOBAL LOGISTICS CLUSTER, Rome-Italy
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Currently enrolled and have attended University courses in the last 12 months inclusive of having completed at least three years of undergraduate studies or have recently graduated in the last 6 months’in Economics, Social Sciences or other fields related to Information Management ;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Fluent in English, French is a distinctive advantage;
- Previous internships in development or communications-related fields are desirable;
Key skills: Excellent written and verbal communications skills; good research and analytical skills; ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure as part of a team; good communication skills; excellent written and analytical skills. Experience in using Social Media in a professional context.
Technical skills: Proficient in MS Office package, particularly in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Demonstrated ability in data acquisition and knowledge of Access or other database tools is an advantage. Experience with HTML is also a plus.
The World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are currently seeking to fill an internship position under the WFP GLOBAL LOGISTICS CLUSTER SUPPORT TEAM of the Supply Chain Division . The position will be based at our Headquarters in Rome, Italy. The Internship will be for an initial period of 6 months starting from 16 August 2017.
The selected candidate will be assisting the WFP GLOBAL LOGISTICS CLUSTER SUPPORT TEAM with the following key duties:
- Assist with the preparation of Concept of Operations, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Special Operations Narrative & Budgets, and CERF/Flash Appeal inputs, ensuring they are regularly revised/updated as required.
- Edit documents and provide constructive feed-back to Logistics Cluster field personnel who produce Logistics Cluster products/reports.
- Field support:
- Assist in the collection and analysis and dissemination of logistics information received from field operations, in close coordination with Information Management personnel in the GLC;
- Assist with the preparation of documents and IM products and provide research and editing;
- Assist in maintaining internal and external information sharing mechanisms and systems; documentation formats, assessment formats, central file store, operations archive, reporting systems;
- Ensure that accurate, consistent information concerning all Global Logistics Cluster operations is entered into current standardized templates and posted on the Logistics Cluster website;
- Assist with presentation material and briefing packs preparation;
- Assist with GLCSC events and conferences planning and preparation including admin/logistics support;
- Take and keep notes and meeting minutes as needed;
- Support the team on other communications initiatives (including social media);
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the maximum amount of US$1000 per month depending on the duty station of assignment. The current amount for Rome is around $860.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, necessary visas and related costs.
- Depending on the duty station of assignment, WFP will reimburse travel ticket for candidates who are nationals of developing countries and are pursuing their studies in their home country.
- WFP will recognize candidates’ educational credentials from recognised institutions that have been certified by competent international or national authorities such as the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) or Ministries of Education;
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline for applications: 21 June 2017
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: