FAST is looking for a highly qualified Legal Counsel to provide analysis and counsel on legal and policy issues, as well as anticipate and guard against legal risks facing the Foundation. Moreover, the candidate will develop and recommend company policy and position on legal issues.
- Draft and review contracts, corporate resolutions, legal opinions, and other legal documents;
- Represent the Foundation in the state authorities;
- Advise on different projects implemented by the Foundation;
- Give accurate and timely advice in a variety of legal issues;
- Draft policies and regulations;
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and company policies;
- Conduct research and analysis of legal issues;
- Build larger global formal partnerships and collaborations;
- Work with the executive management to research and identify best practices and supportive rules, regulations, procedures, and policies that are favorable.
- Master’s degree in law;
- 4 years of experience in a law firm or as an in-house legal adviser;
- Excellent command of Armenian civil law, contract law, land law, and IP;
- Experience in working with startups;
- Ability to identify significant legal exposures for the company while maintaining a practical approach to protecting against them;
- Strong knowledge of copyright, trademark, and privacy law;
- Excellent command of English, Armenian, and Russian, as well as written and verbal communication skills;
- Good team player and high degree of professional ethics;
- Admission to practice law in Armenia is preferred.
All interested candidates are kindly requested to submit their CVs by e-mail to email@example.com. Please indicate the title of the position “Legal Counsel” in the subject line of your e-mail. FAST is grateful to all interested applicants; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Foundation for Armenian Science and Technology (FAST) is conceived as a comprehensive platform to foster technological and scientific breakthroughs in Armenia.
FAST aims to revive the country’s strong Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) traditions, establishing a favorable regime for the innovative environment, fostering science and technology education, and actively developing a venture capital ecosystem.
One of the most pivotal tasks of FAST is to engage tech and scientific communities in raising the profile of Armenia as a hub for technological and scientific discoveries and developments.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 25, 2018
Note: Employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics protected by law.