International Students Academic Merit Scholarship
The International Students Academic Merit Scholarship is open to new international students seeking a graduate or undergraduate degree. The scholarship covers 50 percent of the total of in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees only. No additional fees or costs are covered. The scholarship award can only be used for study at ETSU. The award is available for:
- Eight semesters for undergraduate recipients
- Five semesters for recipients seeking a master's degree, or commensurate with the length of the program.
- Eight semesters for doctoral students, or commensurate with the length of the program.
- Scholarship can be used for summer semesters if taking on ground courses.
- Scholarship may not be used for the winter term.
- Apply for admission to ETSU before they can apply for the scholarship. Students may apply for the scholarship before being admitted to ETSU; however a scholarship applicant must be admitted to ETSU as a full-time, degree-seeking student before the scholarship application can be reviewed.
- Have or plan to have an F-1 or J-1 student visa
- Have a demonstrated record of academic achievement
- Fill out the scholarship application form.
*Students are encouraged to apply for the scholarship as soon as they apply for admission to ETSU.
When to Apply
Completed applications need to be submitted by the following dates:
Preferred submission date:
- Fall semester: no later than July 15th
- Spring semester: no later than October 15th
Deadline for applications:
- Fall 2017: August 14th
- Spring 2018: January 2nd
Students must apply for admission to ETSU before applying for the scholarship. Once an admissions application is submitted, the student may then apply for the scholarship. A student's scholarship application will be reviewed once the student is admitted to the university. Applications received after the deadline will not be reviewed.
- Recipients must maintain full-time status.
- An applicant must have a 3.0 GPA (high school, or college GPA, depending on if freshman, transfer, or graduate applicant)
- Undergraduate recipients must maintain a 2.75 semester grade point average in order to continue receiving the scholarship. Graduate recipients must maintain a 3.0 semester GPA.
- The scholarship only applies to in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees. Recipients will be required to pay other fees such as program fees, course fees, housing costs, and medical insurance costs.
- Recipients continuing from a bachelor's to a master's degree program must reapply for the scholarship.
Students who are NOT eligible:
- Students pursuing a second Bachelor's or Master's degree
- Graduate students receiving a graduate assistantship or tuition scholarship
- Students receiving any other ETSU tuition scholarship
- Students applying for the M.D. and Pharm. D. programs
For questions contact Ben Shupe: firstname.lastname@example.org
East Tennessee State University
The Honors College
International Programs and Services
P.O. Box 70668
Johnson City, TN 37614 USA
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: