The ASC-IIAS Joint Fellowship Programme
This fellowship is jointly offered by IIAS and the African Studies Centre in Leiden.
It aims to attract researchers whose work is informed by current theoretical debates in the social sciences and humanities over global connectivities and who are able to critically engage with shifting paradigms in “area studies” beyond the ways in which these have traditionally been conceived in the West.
We are particularly interested in receiving fellowship proposals that go beyond a mere analysis of current issues associated with African-Asian comparative economic developments or Chinese investments in Africa -- although none of these themes, if appraised critically and for their societal consequences, will of course be excluded. Our definition of Asia and Africa is broad and inclusive, Asia ranging from the Middle-East to the Pacific Coast, and Africa from North-Africa to the southern tip of the continent.
- Fellowship of maximum 6 months
- Fellows will receive a monthly grant to cover the cost of living and housing
- Applications include a work plan of 1000 words maximum and a CV
- Candidates should have a PhD
Invitation to apply
Interested applicants are invited to email/post their applications, consisting of:
- Application form download here
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two letters of reference
Please ensure that a minimum of two letters of reference are sent to us in confidence via email or post, commenting on the applicant’s academic abilities and the value of the applicant’s research project.
Closing dates for applications:
15 March and 15 September of each year
Note for applications via email:
- You will receive a reply acknowledging receipt of your email/application.
- If you have already sent in your application via email, kindly do not send the same application via post and vice versa.
- Please keep your email and attachments below 10MB by zipping any large files, as emails larger than 10MB will be rejected by our email system.
Address for submission of applications, reference letters and/or queries:
(1) Email: email@example.com
(2) IIAS-ASC Fellowship Programme
c/o Ms. Sandra van der Horst
International Institute for Asian Studies
2311 GJ Leiden
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: