The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is a statutory body established by an Act of Parliament, viz. The Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 (Act No. XXXVIII of 1949) for regulating the profession of Chartered Accountancy in the country.
The Institute, functions under the administrative control of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India. The ICAI is the second largest professional body of Chartered Accountants in the world, with a strong tradition of service to the Indian economy in the public interest.
The doctoral scholarship will be awarded to a registered Ph.D. Scholars from UGC recognized reputed Indian Universities/ Deemed Universities/ Colleges, IIMs having University/IIMs approved Ph.D. Program to pursue and complete their Doctoral Research in Auditing, Taxation, Commerce, Management, and Accounting.
Awarding doctoral scholarship by admitting full-time meritorious Research scholars who want to carry out research in core areas having global relevance, adding value to subject, and research results should aim to develop some theory and/or model which can be replicated universally. To nurture talents in the CA fraternity for technical research.
Suggested Topics for the ICAI Scholarship
- Human Resource Accounting.
- Simplification of Human Resource Laws
- Government Sector Accounting
- Integrated Reporting
- International Taxation Laws
- Water Audit
- Membership of ICAI
- At least 75% in 10th and 12th Standard
- Age should be less than 40 years on the date of application
- Candidate shall be Full-Time Student at the University/College/ Institution while pursuing a Ph.D. for their attendance and Classes
- Candidates shall not avail of any other scholarship for the same
- Only the applicants who have applied for a Ph.D. after the introduction of the ICAI Doctoral Scholarship Scheme 2020 (May 7, 2020) are encouraged to apply for the scheme.
- The application shall be forwarded by the supervisor of the candidate for Ph.D. or any other competent signing authority of the University/College/Institution.
- Candidates are advised to apply only if they are pursuing a Ph.D. in the relevant and contemporary topic considering the current economic scenario matching with ICAI mandate, intent to add value to the society, scalable, and have global relevance.
How to Apply?
Following documents must be sent to:
- Application Form: Click on the link given at the end of this post.
- Research proposal & abstract (3000 and 300 words respectively)
- Relevant Enclosures: (Details are given in Application Form) Click on the link to download the document for the relevant enclosures.
All the documents should be received before July 31, 2022 duly signed and stamped by the Supervisor of the then-candidate for Ph.D. or any other competent signing authority of the University/College/Institution.
Rs. 50,000 per month Scholarship to be awarded to 5 scholars annually for the maximum period of 36 months.
Contingency grant will be admissible at the rate of Rs. 50,000 per annum.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.