Open call: Be Brave Decentralised Summer Camps
About the Event:
This call is an invitation for FYEG Member Organisations (MOs) to submit applications to hold Decentralised Summer Camp on democracy and youth participation during August to October 2021.
The decentralised activities will respond to the following objectives:
- Explore the struggles with active participation for youth-led organisations, movements and informal groups in different parts of Europe;
- Promote and develop skills of community organising;
- Exchange successful online and offline tools to expand and improve youth participation in political decision-making, as well as increase participation in their organisation; and
- Develop young people’s skills to organise activities and/or campaigns in their local contexts.
About the decentralised summer camps:
Eligibility and selection: The call is open for candidates and full MOs, as well as groups that are either part of FYEG network or have previously worked with FYEG. Based on the feasibility of the action plan as well as a realistic assessment of the budget, the project’s Coordination Team in consultation with FYEG Executive Committee will select the four best activity proposals among the received applications.
The activity: The summer camp must be 5 days long (6 nights), gather between 20 and 40 young participants and can be either a national or regional activity.
– A national activity shall be organised by one Member Organisation and gather mainly participants from one country (possibility to invite a few international participants).
– A regional activity shall be organised by two or more Member Organisation based in neighbouring countries and can gather participants from these countries. Only one application should be submitted by the Host Organisation and should indicate the other participating Member Organisations.
Expected timeframe for project implementation: August 15th to October 10th 2021 with reporting to be finalised within one month after concluding the activity (i.e. at the latest by November 10th 2021)
Summer Camp Programme: To make sure we all have coordinated actions that are recognised as a joint effort of Young Greens all over Europe, we created a template programme to be implemented. Session outlines will be provided to local prep teams, describing methods to facilitate most sessions, while some slots are left free for the organisation of personalised sessions (i.e. invite local speakers and/or trainers, discuss local context and more). Ideas on the content for the customised sessions should be shared as part of the application.
Partners visibility: This granting programme is organised in collaboration with the FYEG, Greens/EFA Group in the European Parliament, GEF, EYF and CoE. Therefore, their logos should be visible on all the outcomes, materials and the venue. Live presence or virtual intervention of the Green European Foundation OR of a member of the Greens/EFA Group in the European Parliament should be ensured. FYEG will support reaching out to these partners and coordination with them.
Training opportunity for organisers and Member Organisations: The local prep teams and participants of each decentralised summer camp will receive a fully-customised training held by professional national or international trainers to follow-up and implement the plans and strategies identified during the activity.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.