What is it?
EMPAPOSTDOCS-II is an individual-driven research and career advancing fellowship which follows a bottom-up approach and offers incoming and re-integrating international mobile researchers a 2-year full employment contract at Empa. It allows experienced researchers from all over the world to set up and implement a research project and get the opportunity to work on their own research idea at one of the 30 research laboratories of Empa. The following research areas welcome applications:
• Nanostructured Materials
• Sustainable Built Environment
• Health and Performance
• Natural Resources and Pollutants
Projects can be carried out in the three sites of Empa at Zurich, St. Gallen or Thun depending on the location of the lab. The fellows can choose their topic and destination within this frame.
Who is eligible?
There are two mobility schemes in the EMPAPOSTDOCS-II programme, the incoming mobilityscheme and the re-integration scheme. Regardless of the mobility scheme, the main eligibility criteria for the Empa Postdocs programme are the following:
The applicant must
- Be an experienced researcher: at the time of the application deadline be in possession of a doctoral degree, irrespective of the time taken to acquire it.
- Not have finished her/his PhD more than six years before.
The point of time of reference for these dates is the call closure.
For the incoming mobility scheme, a specific eligibility criterion is that the applicant must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc) in Switzerland for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the application deadline. Short stays, such as holidays, are not taken into account.
For the re-integration scheme, the specific eligibility criteria are:
- The researcher originates from the EU-27 or Associated Countries;
- The researcher has been active in research in a third country for at least three years and in the last 12 months immediately prior to the application deadline.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.