Advanced Programme in European Law and Economics
The Advanced Programme was developed for professionals coming from the European Neighbourhood Policy Countries, Central Asia and the Western Balkans. Over a period of 12 week, it provides a comprehensive training on the legal, economic and political functioning of the European Union (EU). In addition, the Programme includes a week-long study visit to Brussels and Luxembourg for in-person meetings in the European Parliament, European Commission, EEAS, Court of Justice of the EU and other EU institutions.
Programme is designed for professionals from public administration, NGOs and academia with at least 2 years of professional experience.
• 12 weeks of training
• Programme divided in 3 sections: legal, economic and political
• 4 courses in each section
• Study visit to Luxembourg and Brussels
• Certificate received upon completion, allowing for later possible conversion toward a full Master's degree (at the personal expense of students)
• Recent Developments in EU law
• International Law and Multicultural Environments
• Economic Development and International Trade
• Budget Planning and the Rule of Law
• National Policy Development and Good Governance
• International Conflict and Dispute Settlement
Elective courses (only one course from each pair of courses has to be chosen):
• Fundamental Rights / Humanitarian Law and Humanitarian Action
• Project Management for the Public Sector / Economic Crisis Management and the Rule of Law
• International Relations and Economic Diplomacy / European Integration and Negotiation Techniques
• Cross-border Judicial Cooperation / Legal Drafting and Legal Certainty
• Taxation and Legislative Policy / Regional Monetary Integration and International Trade
• Developing Association and Free Trade Agreements / Good Governance, Fraud and Corruption
Each course is awarded 1.5 ECTS.
Fees & funding
The programme is free of charge.
The covered costs include:
• Study process and materials
• Travel to and from Riga, including insurance
• Accommodation in Riga
• Travel to and from Brussels and Luxembourg, including insurance
• Accommodation in Brussels and Luxembourg
• Daily subsistence for everyday needs
The following documents have to be submitted in the online system to apply:
• Curriculum Vitae
• Description of present job function
• Motivation letter
• Copies of university diplomas
• Recommendation letter from current employer
• Confirmation of the ability to undertake studies in English
For more information click ''LINK TO ORIGINAL'' below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: