2018 ICP scholarships
The Master of Transportation Sciences offers twelve students from developing countries a scholarship to obtain a master’s degree in Transportation Sciences (specialization: Road Safety). Applications are now open.
The Master of Transportation Sciences is happy to announce we now have a call for participants for the ICP programme 2018 “ROAD SAFETY IN LOW & MIDDLE INCOME COUNTRIES”.
The International Course Programme (ICP) anually offers twelve students from developing countries a scholarship to obtain an MSc in Transportation Sciences (specialization: Road Safety). The programme takes two years and has a specific focus on road safety in developing countries. Prof. Dr Tom Brijs: “Developing countries face an increase of people participating in traffic, with all its consequences. The World Bank predicts that the number of road victims in Asia will double in the near future. That’s why it is incredibly important to build local knowledge and expertise concerning road safety and to strengthen it.”
Participants are expected to be proficient in English and to hold an academic bachelor degree in domains such as (transport or civil) engineering, (transport) economy, mathematical and statistical sciences, political and social sciences, psychology or sociology.
With the International Course Programme, VLIR-UOS financially supports English master’s programmes focussing on development-related themes. The scholarship sponsor has stipulated a number of eligibility criteria applicants must meet, e.g.:
- The maximum age of applicants should be 35 on 1st January 2018
- Only people from the below 31 countries are eligible for a scholarship
- Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Niger
- Asia: Cambodia, Philippines, Indonesia, Palestinian Territories, Vietnam
- Latin America: Bolivia, Cuba, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Nicaragua, Peru
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.