** Wright State University is pleased to announce that it is waiving the application fee for any applications submitted between December 19th and January 2nd .
Just enter the code GIVE18 when prompted during the online application process, which can be started here
According to Princeton Review, the top 3 college majors for 2019 are the following: Computer Science, Communications, and Government/Political Science. Princeton Review takes these surveys based on world job prospects, alumni salaries, and student popularity. Education in these fields is constantly evolving to keep pace with our rapidly changing world. The courses are becoming more expansive and interdisciplinary in nature. We will explore some of these disciplines, what employment options are possible, and how you can apply to these majors as an international student at Wright State University.
1) Computer Science is exhibiting steady growth that shows no signs of tapering off. Technology is ingrained in our world and we can never go back to anything less. As a computer science major, you'll be exposed to areas such as robotics, natural language recognition programs, artificial intelligence, programming languages, numerical analysis, and gaming technology. As a bonus, more and more jobs are opening as demand increases for tech development in various fields. IT Career Finder predicts that the following 10 computer jobs will experience the fastest growth, pay salaries well above the US national average, boast top employment rates, and offer a range of promotion opportunities.
- Mobile App Developer
- Software Engineer
- Video Game Designer
- IT Security Specialist
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Web Developer
- Health Information Technician
- Technology Manager
- Database Administrator
- Network Administrator
Wright State offers a highly competitive program in their College of Engineering. You can take a look in more detail here. An interesting new discipline to explore is the Cyber Security Program offered as a certificate or Masters program.
2) Communication degrees are just as important as technology. We need to communicate as humans, right? As a field of study, communications is applied to journalism, business, public relations, marketing, news broadcasting, intercultural communications, education, public administration—and beyond. As an international student, this major can help you learn about verbal and nonverbal messages, audience reaction, and the varied effects of different communication environments. Ideally, you’ll be able to bring your country’s perspectives into the classroom.
According to The Balance Careers, some of the best jobs that come out of this major
- Public Relations Specialist
- Meeting/Event Planner
- College Alumni/Development Careers
- Media Planner
- Social Media Manager
- Human Resource Professional
- Business Reporter
- Health Educator
- Brand Manager
- Sales Representative
If you enjoy seeing the world up close, reporting on what you’ve seen, creating campaign plans, and connecting with nations, a communication degree may be right for you.
Wright State offers a Bachelor of Arts in Communications. You can take a look at the course outline here.
3) Government/Political Science majors study government institutions and political behavior. It’s an excellent choice for an international student because it is timely, fascinating, and perpetually changing. In a nutshell, political science is the study of politics of government, and some of the common concentrations are public policy, foreign affairs, political philosophy, and comparative government. You’ll develop excellent critical thinking and communication skills, and more broadly, an understanding of history, culture, and current events.
Because of its broad subject matter and the skill set it emphasizes, political science proves beneficial for a variety of careers, including but not limited to:
- Political Consultant
- Research Analyst
- Government Worker
- Public Relations
To apply for any of these programs you can email us at email@example.com.
Or click here to make an online profile on the portal.
The other majors rounding out the top 10 include:
9) Chemical Engineering
Wright State University is a national public university in Dayton, Ohio with nearly 18,000 students. Offering more than 230 degree programs, the university is made up of eight colleges, three schools, and a branch campus in Celina, Ohio. Named for the Wright brothers, Wright State University offers an exceptional, affordable education.
Princeton Review, Top 10 College Majors
IT Career Finder, Best Computer Jobs for the Future
The Balance Careers, Best Jobs for Communication Majors