Sir John Cass’s Foundation Distance Learning Scholarship Programme
A new scholarship programme for young people living in London who wish to study for a University of London degree by distance learning.
The Sir John Cass Foundation Distance Learning Scholarship Programme is available if you would not otherwise be able to undertake a university degree due to financial circumstances.
The scholarship covers all tuition and examination fees. It also includes guidance and careers support throughout the course.
Are you eligible?
To be eligible for the award, you must be:
- resident in London,
- under 25 years old,
- able to demonstrate that without the scholarship you would not be able to undertake a degree.*
*You will need to show that you cannot fund your studies through other means, such as a student loan. You may have existing financial commitments or other obligations (e.g. if you act as a carer or a single working parent).
Please note: students already registered with the University of London are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
How to apply
To apply, you must complete the application form and submit it as part of your application for an course with the University of London International Programmes.
- Submit an online application for your chosen degree via the relevant course page.
- Upload your completed Scholarship Application Form under 'Additional Educational Document'. You can also attach additional evidence (such as financial commitments / other obligations) to support your application.
- Submit an online application fee for £88 (where applicable).** If your scholarship application is successful, we will credit you with this amount when you register for your programme.
- If your scholarship application is not successful and you would not like to proceed with your application, we will refund you the application fee.
** If you would like to apply for the scholarship but are unable to submit the £88 application fee, please contact us for advice.
Deadline for undergraduate scholarship applications:
1 October: All undergraduate programmes except English, and Combined degrees.
Scholarship applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application by:
31 October: Undergraduate
27 September: English & Combined degrees.
30 November: Undergraduate
9 October: English & Combined degrees.
Deadline for postgraduate scholarship applications: Apply now!
Scholarship deadline: No later than one month before the registration deadline of the programme that you are applying for. Apply as early as possible as there is only 1 postgraduate scholarship available each year.
Built-in careers support
Scholarship holders will also receive additional support including a custom-built careers programme, designed and delivered by The Careers Group, University of London. This includes:
- An induction at the University of London. You meet your Careers Consultant at the start of the academic year, who will outline the support you’ll receive during your studies.
- Three guidance appointments throughout the year (each 60 mins), focused on developing your employability skills and confidence.
- Access to careers resources, including careers help-sheets and the JobOnline portal.
- Support from an alumni mentor from your second year, who will have connections to your field of study or your chosen employment area.
At the start of their course, all scholarship recipients receive a tour of the University of London campus and an introduction to the University’s student community, facilities and services.
Duties of successful scholarship recipients
Scholarship holders are required to write a short report at the end of each year of study outlining the impact of your study and research.
You are also required to follow the standards expected of students of the University of London. If you fail to comply with any of these terms, the University reserves the right to withdraw your scholarship.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: