SOLUTION SPACE SCHOLARSHIPS
Nurture a new generation of leaders
The goal of the scholarships offered at the Solution Space is to nurture a new generation of leaders, teaching them to see past “business as usual”. Through testing new models, these bold and visionary leaders will be equipped to shape Africa’s future for the better. The scholarships are aimed at supporting mid-career professionals and entrepreneurs who have shown a commitment to local development. These scholarships were created for African leaders for whom a post-graduate qualification is an integral part of their continued journey toward building a better world.
Our scholars are known for their professional integrity, bold and visionary leadership, a spirit of innovation and inquisitiveness, active collaboration, entrepreneurial drive and track record of action. While scholars are distinct in their professional goals and ambitions and hail from all over Africa, they are united in their common goal: to have a significant impact in the world.
Scholarships are open to candidates applying to either the Masters in Business Administration or Masters of Philosophy in Inclusive Innovation at the University of Cape Town Graduate School of Business.
Our scholarships are made possible through the generous support of our industry partner, MTN Group.
We believe in bright ideas, combined with passion, resources and a strong network, to create profound solutions. We believe in the potential of individuals to boldly envision and pioneer solutions for Africa, by Africa, in Africa. We believe in committed agents of change to shape the future of our continent”
– Paul Norman (Chief Human Resources and Corporate Affairs Officer, MTN Group)
To be considered for a MTN Scholarship:
- Applicants must be a citizen from an African country and a Permanent Resident for at least 1 year.
- Applicants should apply to pursue either the MBA or the MPhil in Inclusive Innovation programme at the UCT GSB. Applicants will only be able to take up the MTN Scholarship if successfully admitted to the UCT GSB programme. For full details about the MBA programme or MPhil programme, criteria and how to apply to the business school click here
- Financial Need Criteria
Financial Need must be illustrated as follows:
- Full declaration of all details required must be recorded in the space provided on the Affidavit for the MTN Scholars Program at the University of Cape Town
- Details of all property and assets of any nature must be declared on the Affidavit provided.
- UCT reserves the right to request that applicants furnish evidence of answers/statements on the application form. If it is found that the provided information is false or untrue, the University further reserves the right to disqualify an application and/or to cancel and recover any scholarship funds that may have been paid out to an awardee.
MTN Scholars are known for their professional integrity, bold and visionary leadership, a spirit of innovation and inquisitiveness, active collaboration, entrepreneurial drive and track record of action.
What this means to us is:
Be honest | Deliver on promises | Do what is right | Be truthful to others and yourself | Be trustworthy and reliable
Lead by example | Be an inspiration | Provide vision | Be accountable, take ownership | Be dependable
Be creative, create new ideas | Do things differently | Be original | Focus on solutions | Think outside the box
Work together, cooperate | Share ideas through teamwork | Be caring and friendly | Show respect | Communicate
- Can do
Be positive | Believe in yourself | Show willingness | Endure and have courage | Believe it can be done
- Entrepreneurial spirit
Create value | Deliver excellence | Exploit opportunities | Be adaptable | Plan for growth
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: