One year scholarships: call for application for 2016/17
The Bavarian State Ministry for Education, Science and the Arts will sponsor scholarships for the academic year 2016/17. . The scholarships are meant to finance doctoral or postgraduate studies at Bavarian universities. One year scholarships can be extended twice for up to 3 years. The scholarship is paid out monthly (700 €) and amounts to 8.400 € per year. Students with at least one child receive 860 € per month, which amounts to 10.320 € per year. Candidates should send their documents to the address specified in the important advice.
The objective of the annual scholarship program is to support scientific cooperation and academic exchange between Bavaria and Central-, Eastern- and Southeastern Europe.
• Hand or send your application document in by the due date!
• You cannot count on an automatic extension only because you already received the scholarship for one year and your research project was conceived for several years. We need to be able to see a progression in your work. Show us tangible provisional results that illustrate that you are advancing your project and will successfully bring it to a close.
• Make sure you take care of the two expert opinions early on! Note that professors are hard to get a hold of during the extra-curricular periods. www.bayhost.de (“Stipendien”)
Please read the important advice carefully before applying:
- FIRST TIME APPLICATIONS: Important advice download
- EXTENSIONS: Important advice for extension applications download
- FAQs: Frequently asked questions download
- LETTER OF ENDORSEMENT: Guidelines (first time applications only) download
- EXPERT OPINION: Guidelines (extensions only) download
List of documents needed in the application form
1. an online application form that is filled-in completely (see www.bayhost.de “Scholarships”, it is not needed to send a printed version of the online application form by post) , it is not needed to send a printed version of the online application form by postA.fter having completed the online application document for the extension of your scholarship, you have to send the following documents to BAYHOST :
2. a current certificate of matriculation for the following summer semester
3. a justification of the extension of the scholarship in Bavaria (1-2 DIN A4 pages)
4. an estimation of which new perspectives have developed during the past year of studies for your (future) professional career (1-2 DIN A4 pages)
5. a tabular CV in German with a recent passport photo
for postgraduate studies (Masters etc.):
6. proof of the so far achieved exam or course results in Bavaria (copies)
7. a report (1-2 DIN A4 pages) covering the most important results achieved in your past year of study (i. e. attendance of seminars or lectures, course results, conferences etc. )
8. two expert opinions of professors from your course. Refer your referees to “guidelines for referees” (www.bayhost.de “Scholarships”)
for PhD studies
5. an interim report (max. 4 DIN A4 pages) about the results of your research in Bavaria, which refers to the project outline in your application document
6. two expert opinions of professors from the field that your dissertation relates to and from your Bavarian university. One expert opinion has to be from the supervisor of your dissertation.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: