Postdoc Academy for Transformational Leadership
The Postdoc Academy for Transformational Leadership is designed to train the next generation of leaders in sustainability and transformation research.
Why are we running the Postdoc Academy?
The transformation towards a sustainable society requires researchers to contribute scientific knowledge and integrate knowledge from society in order to transfer knowledge into action. Therefore, the Robert Bosch Stiftung and its partners see the need for:
- more and better integration of the natural sciences, social sciences and the humanities in sustainability research,
- a better recognition of inter- and transdisciplinary research in academia and,
- excellent, highly competitive researchers who are able to lead inter- and transdisciplinary teams and academic institutions.
Thus, it is important to prepare early-career researchers for leadership positions in inter- and transdisciplinary contexts.
What are our goals?
For the Postdoc Academy for Transformational Leadership, the Robert Bosch Stiftung collaborates with four leading academic research centers to unite expert knowledge and educate the next generation of leading sustainability and transformation scholars.
How does the project work?
The Postdoc Academy for Transformational Leadership provides an intensive high-end training with four seminars in two years that broaden inter- and transdisciplinary research competencies of early career sustainability researchers and to promote their qualifications towards transdisciplinary leadership. The program also offers seed funding (e.g. for stakeholder meetings or proposal writing activities) to small groups of participants, who plan to initiate research collaborations. In addition, an active network of current and former participants of the program will be established.
Who is the target audience?
The program aims at postdocs from across Europe who want to make an impact on the transformation towards a sustainable society and advance the complementarity of natural science, social sciences and the humanities by means of their research. They should consider themselves as intrapreneurs, who act responsibly and initiate positive changes and innovation within their institutions and strive for an academic leadership position in the future. In addition to excellent English language skills and experience with inter- and transdisciplinary collaborative research, their research topic must align with this year’s focus perspective on “Scaling Sustainability”.
What are the contents of the program?
The program consists of four seminars (three full days each) over a period of two years. Each seminar will take place at one of the four academic centers and focuses on their respective expertise.
Who can apply?
Per intake, 20 researchers will be selected. To be eligible for the Postdoc Academy for Transformational Leadership you should be an early career researcher with sustainability focus, affiliated to a European research institution, and
- have obtained your doctorate/PhD no more than four years prior to applying (family and caring times excluded),
- be an excellent researcher with a vision (societal impact),
- have a strong interest and experience in doing inter- and transdisciplinary sustainability research, and
- conduct research that asks for the complementarity of natural sciences, social sciences and the humanities.
- have a research topic relevant to this year’s focus topic “Scaling Sustainability”
- be on the way to professorship and academic leadership positions,
- be an academic intrapreneur, who acts responsibly and initiates positive changes and innovation within his/ her institution,
- be a shaper, a shaker and a mover,
- have excellent English language skills (CEFR Level C2),
- be committed to attending all seminars and relevant networking activities and
- have funds for your postdoc research for the majority of the Postdoc Academy.
Applicants should be early-career researchers at an academic institution in one of the following European countries: Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Macedonia, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Republic of Moldova, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Slovenia, Slovakia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: