The funding for this MBA Scholarship, better known as the Netherlands Fellowship Programme (NFP), is made available through Nuffic the Governmental body responsible for the promotion of the Dutch Higher Education system worldwide.
NFP is a full (100%) MBA Scholarship programme designed to foster institutional development within certain parts of the world. Applicants to certain academic and short courses of Dutch higher education institutions apply for the fellowship to cover the cost of tuition fees, accommodation and international travel for study.
BSN is proud to be one of the Dutch institutions who offer the following NFP-qualified programmes:
- The International Action Learning MBA with a Major in Food Security, which will be delivered in co-operation with RVJ Agribusiness Academy in the Netherlands. The Major starts-off by introducing the current food eco-system and the challenges it is facing because of the changing supply and demand dynamics.
- The International Action Learning MBA with a Major in Water Management, which will be delivered in co-operation with Delft University of Technology (NL). This Major will provide you with a general introduction to the topic of water management. Furthermore, provision and management of portable drinking water and the management of water for generating food crops will be treated.
- The International Action Learning MBA with a Major in Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights will be delivered in co-operation with Save the Children (UK). This Major will assist candidates on the most important issues and unmet needs, treats the different components as well as bottle necks that characterise systems world-wide and enables managers to develop an effective programme as a response
In order to qualify for the Major endorsement on the MBA degree, the following conditions for the student apply:
- Must have attended the respective Masterclass, i.e. Food Security, Water Management, or Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights;
- Must have passed the assignment ‘Personal Effectiveness Paper’ related to the respective Major;
- Must have incorporated the Major subject as the leading theme of ALP 1, 2, 3 as well as the Dissertation;
- If applicable, is active in the respective field of business.
Who can apply?
- Mid-career professionals in employment
- Only the individual applicant can apply for funding
- The training must occur within the context of the organisation with which the applicant works
- The training must be seen to help the organisation in its development strategies
- Employer support is essential
While fellowships are awarded to individuals, the need for training must occur within the context of the organization for which an applicant works. The training must help the organization to develop its capacity. This means that applicants must be nominated by their employers. In fact, an application without the support of an employer will not be considered.
Half of the available funding from the NFP budget should be spent on fellowships for female candidates and for candidates from sub-Saharan Africa. Apart from this priority is given to candidates from deprived groups and/or from marginalized regions.
Additionally, the overall objective is to spend 35% of the budget on grants and study programmes in food security and private sector development.
To be eligible for an NFP fellowship, candidates need to be admitted to the International Action Learning MBA programme.
NFP Application dates for 2016
NFP Fellowship application for August 2016 is now open.
How to apply for a NFP Scholarship:
- Ensure you meet the admission criteria for the International MBA Programme
- Ensure you meet the entrance criteria for the NFP Scholarship
- Submit your application to the Admissions Team before 15 July 2016.
- Netherlands Fellowship Programme (NFP) - 2016 Deadlines
For non-English speakers a TOEFL or IELTS language test is required. The minimum pass mark for TOEFL is 550 (paper); 213 (computer) or 80 (internet) and IELTS 6.0. Exemptions can be considered should your mother tongue be English and you have successfully completed your degree in English.
Prior to the application to EP-Nuffic (NFP), the applicant should first be accepted, and therefore comply with the requirements set by Business School Netherlands for the International Action Learning MBA.
You can apply for the Netherlands Fellowship Programme by requesting the International MBA Brochure. Please ensure that you meet the admission criteria prior to applying for the programme.
EP-Nuffic offers top scholarship opportunities
An MBA is hard enough, but Iza Gigauri didn’t let that stop her when she applied for the opportunity and proved to all that even with a physical disability, she was able to achieve her dreams as she recently graduated from BSN with a Master in Business Administration. At the age of 17 Ms Iza Gigauri was involved in a terrible car accident that left her with a spinal cord injury, but she did not allow this to take away her life as she continues today to study, work and enjoy life. She commented “I set goals and reach them in spite of the difficulties and obstacles.”
Business School Netherlands recently asked Ms Gigauri to share her thoughts about the NFP scholarship and what it has meant to her personally.
Would you have been able to do the International MBA without the NFP bursary?
- “No, it would be absolutely impossible for me.”
It has been just a few months since you graduated; in what way has the International MBA programme helped you benefit your organisation?
- “It is still early for me to say how it benefited my organisation, but BSN has given me more knowledge, experience and problem solving skills so that I am able to help my organisation in solving its problems effectively.”
Would you recommend others to apply for this scholarship?
- “Definitely YES, and I am recommending to my friends to apply for this scholarship because it gives perfect possibility to get contemporary education in the best Universities.
-“Studies at BSN meant for me a broad knowledge, professional growth, many new ideas, improved skills and very friendly environment. BSN is absolutely student oriented and focused on one’s practical needs. Now, I am ready to overcome any professional or educational challenges I maybe come across in the future.“
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: