Macedonian Government Undergraduate Scholarships for Foreign Students - Studying in Macedonian Language
According to the Article 55 paragraph 1 of the Act for the Organization and Operation of the State Administration ("Official Gazette" br.58/00, 44/02, 82/08, 167/10 and 51/11), Article 49 of the Law on students standard ("Official Gazette of the Republic of Macedonia" no. 15/13, 30/13, 120/13 and41/14) and Article 1 of the Rulebook on awarding scholarship for foreign students from nationalities which are of interest to the Republic of Macedonia ("Official Gazette" no. 169/13), the Ministry of Education and Science of The Republic of Macedonia announces this Call for Applications for students who will study at public Universities in the Republic of Macedonia, where the teaching language is Macedonian.
The scholarships are available to outstanding students, not older than 28 years, from People's Democratic Republic of Algeria,United States of America, Republic of Angola,Republic of Armenia, United Arab Emirates,Republic of Azerbaijan, Barbados,Republic of Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Federative Republic of Brazil, Republic of Burundi,Kingdom of Cambodia,Republic of Cameroon, Republic of Chad, People's Republic of China, Republic of Cyprus, Republic of Croatia,Czech Republic, Denmark, Arab Republic of Egypt, Republic of Estonia, Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia,Republic of Fiji, Republic of Finland, Gabonese Republic,Georgia,Republic of Ghana,Hellenic Republic,Republic of Hungary,Republic of India, Republic of Indonesia,State of Israel, Republic of Iraq, Japan, Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, Republic of Kazakhstan,State of Kuwait,Lao People's Democratic Republic, Republic of Latvia, Lebanese Republic,Libya,Republic of Lithuania,Malaysia, Republic of Mali,United Mexican States,Republic of Moldova,Mongolia,Kingdom of Morocco,Republic of Namibia, Kingdom of Norway,Sultanate of Oman,Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Palestine,Republic of Philippines, Republic of Poland, Portugal,State of Qatar,Romania, Russian Federation,Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Republic of Slovenia,Kingdom of Spain, Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka, Republic of Sudan, Kingdom of Sweden,Republic of Tajikistan, United Republic of Tanzania, Kingdom of Thailand,Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Republic of Uganda,Ukraine,Republic of Uzbekistan, Socialist Republic of Vietnam,Republic of Zambiaand Organization of American States.
Documents to be submitted
Candidates are required to provide certified copies from the following original documents:
· Official high school diploma or certificate (where available);
· Official transcripts;
· Proof of English proficiency. All students whose first language is not English are required to provide evidence that their spoken and written command of the English language is appropriate.
· Official document certifying the candidate has no criminal convictions and is not under criminal investigation at the moment of application certified with Apostle Stamp. Candidates should note that with the exception to some countries, these are two separate documents;
· Official general medical report, including medical tests for HIV and Hepatitis C;
· An electronic copy of the Passport which must be valid for the next 5 calendar years;
· In addition, as part of the application candidates are required to summit two letters of recommendation from two academic professors/teachers who are well acquainted with the candidate’s academic abilities.
All submitted documents must be in English or certified translations in English.
Candidates should submit their application together with all supporting documents to the following address:
Ministry for Education and Science of the Republic of Macedonia
Saints Cyril and Methodius Street, No.54
Republic of Macedonia
All prospective candidates should note that in addition to sending the official copies of all required documents via post, they must also send scanned copies of the required documents to the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Macedonian language course
Successful candidates will spend a semester (during the summer period) intensively studying the Macedonian language, in order to prepare themselves for a successful start of the academic year, which starts in the fall of 2016.
- Applicants who have not completed their high school education by May3 1, 2016may receive a conditional offer for admission pending their high school diploma. Successful applicants must finalise their high school studies and submit their transcript and diploma no later thanJuly31, 2016;
- The selection process will be implemented by a five-member committee appointed by the Minister for Education and Science of the Republic of Macedonia;
- Successful applicants will sign a contract with the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Macedonia. The contract will stipulate that the scholarship provides funds for the first academic year and subsequently for the rest of duration of the undergraduate studies of the undergraduate studies, provided that the student ends the first year of studies with satisfactory success rate;
- Additional information regarding the Universities and the programmes available in Macedonia can be found on the websites of the Universities:
- University St. Cyril and Methodius – Skopje: www.ukim.edu.mk/en_index.php
- University St. KlimentOhridski – Bitola: www.uklo.edu.mk
- University Goce Delcev – Shtip: www.ugd.edu.mk/index.php/en/
For all additional information, please do not hesitate to contact Ms.BiljanaZafirovska, phone: +389 2 3227 761 and e-mail:email@example.com.