Conference Ventana 4 has extended the deadline to receive applications for Papers and Workshops.
The title of this year’s conference is Decolonial Dialogues from within and beyond the Global Margins, aiming to stablish multilateral conversations through diverse postcolonial and decolonial experiences in and beyond Latin America. Moreover, this year we are including a special branch of the conference dedicated to Africa, hoping to observe, share, and compare experiences between the two continents.
The topics to be approached include (but are not limited to):
- African studies
- Decolonial narratives
- Feminism and Gender studies
- Sociocultural manifestations and interventions
- Latin America studies
- Pandemic and postpandemic world
- Queer and LGBT+
- Social (dis)order
Applications for papers must consist of a 250-300 words abstract, title, 3-5 keywords, a short biography (100 words) and institutional affiliation.
Applications for workshops must include:
- A short description of the workshop describing the theme, methodology, implementation, type of activities planned, aims, research question, target audience and any specific technical requirement.
- 3 to 5 Keywords
- Workshops must state the modality to be used either online, in-person or hybrid.
- If a specific online platform is required to facilitate the workshop, this must be stated in the proposal
Ventana 4 will be a hybrid event, in order to facilitate participation from scholars and postgraduates from all around the world. The conference will take place between the 5th and 7th of October 2022, in the city of York, UK.
They would like to remind our applicants of our prolonged partnership with the journal Tensões Mundiais, of the Observatório das Nacionalidades of the Universidade Estadual do Ceará. This means that selected abstracts will have the opportunity to publish their papers after the conference. More information to come when the selection process is finished.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.