The ICM-FWO Fellowship is a specific funding channel to prepare young and promising researchers to complete their PhD based on high-quality research in the field of management sciences, from various basic disciplines, interdisciplinary and practice-oriented.
Period: 1 year, renewable twice
Net grant amount: minimum €1,860.55
Fixed bench fee: €3,720/year
Study period abroad in the second year (payment of one round trip to host country + tuition fee up to €20,000)
Deadline: 1 February 2016*
Announcement of results: 22 June 2016
Start of fellowship: 01 October 2016
Success rate 2015: 42,86%
*If this date falls on a Saturday or Sunday, the closing date is moved to the following Monday at 17:00.
- You contact a supervisor affiliated to a Flemish university
- The supervisor undertakes to properly coach and guide you as doctorandus.
- The supervisor is asked by the FWO to write a letter of recommendation.
- You submit your application via the online application.
- The FWO organises a mandatory written admission test for candidates for an ICM-FWO Fellowship on March 4, 2015. At this admission test, candidates are asked to answer a number of transversal questions; candidates can prepare for this by consulting a list of papers (cf. infra). The admission test is compiled and evaluated by members of the ICM-FWO jury.
- Applications of candidates who have passed the admission test are submitted to the ICM-FWO jury; candidates orally defend their application to the jury.
- The jury ranks the applications and presents a funding proposal.
- The Board of Trustees decides on the appointment.
- You can ask for feedback on the decision.