The DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Programme (known as Public Policy and Good Governance) supports future leaders from developing countries (see list of countries), who want to promote democracy and social justice in their home countries. The programme, which is funded by the German Federal Foreign Office, offers the chance to acquire a Master’s degree in Master programmes of particular relevance for the social, political and economic development in the students’ countries of origin. In the light of the principles of Good Governance, highly qualified graduates with a first academic degree are being educated in political science, law, economics and administration and prepared for future leading positions in their home countries.
This programme is designed to further qualify future leaders in politics, law, economics and administration according to the principles of good governance and to prepare them in a practice-oriented course for their professional life. Very good graduates with a first university degree get the chance to obtain a master’s degree in disciplines that are of special relevance to the social, political and economic development of their home country. The knowledge and experience acquired in Germany should enable the scholarship holders to later contribute to the establishment of democratically oriented economic and social systems aimed at overcoming social tensions. With this programme, DAAD intends to support the good governance and civil society structures in selected partner countries and regions.
The programme is open for very well qualified graduates with a first university degree (bachelor or equivalent) who want to actively contribute to the social and economic development of their home countries or regions. It is offered both for young graduates without professional experience and for mid-career professionals.
- Scholarship of monthly 850 € for selected master´s programmes at German institutions of higher education listed below.
- The study programmes are usually starting in Sep/Oct 2021 and are taught in German and/or English.
- contributions to health insurance in Germany
- appropriate travel allowance
- study and research subsidy
- monthly rent subsidy where applicable
- allowances for spouses and/or children where applicable
- 6-months-German language course from April 2021 up to the end of September 2021. The language course takes place at selected institutes in Germany and usually not at the universities of the selected master´s programmes. The language course is compulsory also for those who attend a master´s course taught in English. Due to its blended-learning-concept the following special conditions are laid down to finance the study programme “Analysis and design of social protection systems”:
- During the online semester in your home country or another developing country DAAD provides a sur-place-rate of 500 EUR.
- Allowances for spouses and/or children are not applicable, as far as the programme includes study-phases in Germany and in your home country. The scholarship holders are offered a special tutoring at their host institutions financed by DAAD. Furthermore, the scholars are invited to participate at different networking events. DAAD-scholarship holders within the Helmut-Schmidt-Programme are exempted from tuition fees.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.