FULBRIGHT VISITING SCHOLAR PROGRAM
The Embassy of the United States of America in Armenia is pleased to announce the Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program competition for 2018-2019 academic year.
The Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program awards grants to foreign scholars to conduct post-doctoral research at U.S. universities for an academic year or term.
PRIORITY FIELDS OF STUDY ARE
- Political Science, Economics, Social Science
- International Relations, Journalism and Law
- American Studies (History, Society & Culture of the United States, including Arts Management)
- Education Administration
- Environmental Studies and Public Health
YOU’RE ELIGIBLE IF YOU HAVE
- Armenian citizenship and residency
- Evidence of employment in the Republic of Armenia
- Completed a Ph.D.
- Proficiency in English
- Completed your online application
- Provided reference letters
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What are the selection criteria? The following factors are considered: professional qualifications, research proposal (quality, feasibility), how the acquired knowledge will be used upon return, English language competence, need for the project to be undertaken in the United States, quality of references. Preference will be given to candidates with little or no previous experience in the United States.
- What are the basic benefits included in the scholarship? Round trip international airfare, monthly stipend, book allowance, and a settling-in allowance, and participation in Fulbright enrichment activities.
- Can family members accompany me? Yes, but you will be financially responsible for them.
- Do I have to arrange university placement in the United States? It is recommended that you submit a letter of invitation from a U.S. university in your application package. If you don't know where your project can be accomplished, the affiliation will be arranged by one of the Fulbright administering agencies.
- How should I provide my references? References should be provided online together with the application. A request for a reference letter is sent to the recommender through the online system and is received by the program coordinator at the U.S. Embassy. You will receive a notification when the recommendation letter is submitted.
- How should I electronically sign the application? Please leave the “Electronic Signature” blank.
- Am I required to provide supplemental forms? No additional forms are necessary. No need for any printed documents to be brought to the Embassy.
- The application form requires that I contact the Embassy before starting the online application. Is this requirement strict? No, there is no necessity to contact the Embassy to start the application.