START DATE: ASAP
The Senior Research Analyst will deploy his/her knowledge and expertise of different STEM fields to advise FAST’s science, technology and innovation policy and programs. The incumbent will possess an in-depth expertise in one of the main hard sciences, including the knowledge of the relevant lab equipment, interconnections between research topics, and understanding of the necessary capacity building tools for boosting the competitiveness of research groups.
The successful candidate will be able to work in a fast-paced environment and have excellent oral and written communication skills. She/he will be able to lead and implement projects, collaborate with internal and external colleagues, and have a keen attention to detail. In this position the candidate will recommend actions based on the gathered data/facts. The information and analyses prepared by the incumbent will carry fiscal and policy implications. Reports and analyses will be used to assist the organization in planning and decision making.
- Deploy knowledge and expertise of different STEM fields to advise FAST’s science, technology and innovation policy and programs;
- Identify gaps in specific types of expertise of researchers and structure capacity building programs for them;
- Identify and evaluate types of lab equipment and supplies for different types of research projects;
- Research and identify grounds of possible collaboration between different research groups and topics;
- Assist in managing the joint research group creation process between local and foreign scientists;
- Conduct monitoring and evaluation of STEM fields, do strategic planning for Science Technology and Innovation policy interventions;
- Summarize project results;
- Prepare progress reports, briefs, articles, presentations, and other materials for management review;
- Be an active, willing and cooperative team player;
- Be prepared to develop independent research projects.
- Master's degree in STEM with strong quantitative background (PhD is preferred);
- Deep expertise in one of the following fields: physics, chemistry, biology, engineering;
- General knowledge of the main fields and subfields of STEM;
- At least two years of recent experience in lab research or lab management is preferred;
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects, reason analytically, and work effectively with people possessing different levels of technical knowledge is required;
- Effective oral communication skills and proficiency in producing technical reports is required;
- Ability to work independently, and as a part of the team;
- Knowledge of business processes and excellent critical thinking skills.
All interested candidates are kindly requested to submit their CVs by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the title of the position “Senior Research Analyst“ in the subject line of your e-mail. FAST is grateful to all interested applicants; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Foundation for Armenian Science and Technology (FAST) is conceived as a comprehensive platform to foster technological and scientific breakthroughs in Armenia.
FAST aims to revive the country’s strong Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) traditions, establishing a favorable regime for the innovative environment, fostering science and technology education, and actively developing a venture capital ecosystem.
One of the most pivotal tasks of FAST is to engage tech and scientific communities in raising the profile of Armenia as a hub for technological and scientific discoveries and developments.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 24, 2018
Note: Employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics protected by law.