START DATE: ASAP
The Data Science Expert will be responsible for the coordination of development efforts in FAST’s priority field of data science. He/she will oversee and advise the work of research groups, advise the organization on the data science development strategy in the country. The incumbent will have an in-depth expertise in data science/AI/machine learning research, an understanding of its applications in different domains, and transfer his/her expertise through design and deployment of trainings.
The successful candidate will be able to work in a fast-paced environment and have excellent oral and written communication skills. She/he will be able to lead and implement projects, collaborate with internal and external colleagues, and have a keen attention to detail. In this position the candidate will recommend actions based on the gathered data/facts. The information and analyses prepared by the incumbent will carry fiscal and policy implications. Reports and analyses will be used to assist the organization in planning and decision making.
- Coordinate the work of data science research group(s), oversee the progress, and act as a point of contact between them and FAST;
- Oversee and advise the development and improvement of algorithms, ANNs, and models;
- Develop research protocol while utilizing best practices in research design, data collection and data analysis;
- Oversee the creation and manipulation of large databases;
- Advise the organization on the data science development strategy in the country;
- Participate in data science syllabus creation, and conduct trainings;
- Produce clear and concise written reports documenting the methodology used to conduct and analyze studies;
- Summarize project results;
- Prepare materials for senior management review;
- Be an active, willing and cooperative team player;
- Be prepared to develop independent research projects.
- University degree in STEM with strong quantitative background (M.Sc or PhD is preferred);
- Ability to perform big data analysis;
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques and artificial intelligence fundamentals;
- Experience with common data science toolkit (Python, R, Matlab, etc.);
- Experience with data visualization tools is strongly preferred;
- General knowledge of the main fields and subfields of STEM;
- At least two years of recent experience in an applied data science research/data management environment;
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects, reason analytically, and work effectively with people possessing different levels of technical knowledge is required;
- Effective oral communication skills and proficiency in producing technical reports is required;
- Ability to work independently, and as a part of the team;
- Excellent critical thinking skills.
All interested candidates are kindly requested to submit their CVs by e-mail to email@example.com. Please indicate the title of the position “Data Science Expert“ in the subject line of your e-mail. FAST is grateful to all interested applicants; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Foundation for Armenian Science and Technology (FAST) is conceived as a comprehensive platform to foster technological and scientific breakthroughs in Armenia.
FAST aims to revive the country’s strong Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) traditions, establishing a favorable regime for the innovative environment, fostering science and technology education, and actively developing a venture capital ecosystem.
One of the most pivotal tasks of FAST is to engage tech and scientific communities in raising the profile of Armenia as a hub for technological and scientific discoveries and developments.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 24, 2018
Note: Employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics protected by law.