If you have the right blend of science training, tech skills, passion, enthusiasm, customer advocacy, curiosity and creativity, you may just be FAST’s Science Evangelist. We are looking for a trailblazer to inspire people, especially the Armenian youth and students, to want to engage and drive scientific advancement and innovation. This role will be on the scientific forefront, representing the ongoing evolution in how people view and interact with science and scientific findings.
The right candidate will have a passion and expertise in applied physical and biological sciences, math, and engineering. The Evangelist will represent FAST by speaking at the most prominent scientific events and as well as in smaller meetings with decision makers and other prominent scientists. The ideal candidates will possess excellent communication skills that will allow them to engage hundreds of people at once or drive in-depth discussions with small group of senior science leaders.
As the Science Evangelist, you are responsible for researching, understanding, and communicating key insights and perspectives on best advancements in science. You will create and update information and orientation materials. You will also develop and manage relationships with universities adopting FAST’s priority science areas for classroom use. Your success will be measured by the growth and widespread use of science in many critical economic verticals, including in technology inventions and business innovations.
- Research, experiment, and stay up to date with cutting edge scientific strides;
- Serve as a thought leader externally and internally, providing guidance on best practices, science trends, and future potential;
- Build connections with influencers in the scientific community and represent FAST with scientists and scientific associations and partners;
- Engage with scientists by speaking at and attending conferences, speaking at meet-ups;
- Help build and nurture a robust Armenian scientific community, collect valuable feedback, and champion science needs internally.
- Master’s or PhD (preferable) in hard sciences;
- 3+years hands-on physical science experience;
- Must have scholarly publications in peer-reviewed journals;
- Very strong English, Russian, and Armenian written and verbal communication skills;
- Existing network of senior level science contacts in Armenian academia, professional world, and beyond;
- Effective oral communication skills and proficiency in producing technical reports is required;
- Persuasive speech and outstanding negotiation skills;
- Ability to work independently.
All interested candidates are kindly requested to submit their CVs by e-mail to email@example.com. Please indicate the title of the position “Science Evangelist” in the subject line of your e-mail. FAST is grateful to all interested applicants; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Foundation for Armenian Science and Technology (FAST) is conceived as a comprehensive platform to foster technological and scientific breakthroughs in Armenia.
FAST aims to revive the country’s strong Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) traditions, establishing a favorable regime for the innovative environment, fostering science and technology education, and actively developing a venture capital ecosystem.
One of the most pivotal tasks of FAST is to engage tech and scientific communities in raising the profile of Armenia as a hub for technological and scientific discoveries and developments.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 25, 2018
Note: Employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics protected by law.