Joint master degree program
The University of Sarajevo and the University of Bologna are glad to announce the Call for applications for the 17th edition of the European Regional Master’s Programme in Democracy and Human Rights in South East Europe (ERMA).
ERMA is an academic educational activity intended for students who wish to combine studies with practical and field research experience in human rights and democratization issues. Recognizing that human rights are a crosscutting theme among different disciplines of study, such as political science, social sciences, law, sociology and philosophy, ERMA fosters strong interdisciplinary approach. Enrolled students have the benefit of studying in a highly international environment together with colleagues from all over the region, European Union and rest of the world, attending lectures and workshops held by over 40 professors from 11 partner universities: University of Bologna, Italy; University of Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina; University of Belgrade, Serbia; Karl Franzens University of Graz, Austria; University of the Ruhr, Germany; University of Peloponnese, Greece; University of Zagreb, Croatia; New Bulgarian University, Bulgaria; University Ss. Cyril and Methodius, Macedonia; Higher School of Economics – National Research University, Moscow, Russia; and University of Pristina, Kosovo.
ERMA is a one year, full time, interdisciplinary programme, lasting from November until October. It is a joint initiative by the University of Sarajevo, Center for Interdisciplinary Studies (CIS) and the University of Bologna, Institute for Central Eastern and Balkan Europe (IECOB). ERMA is co-financed by the European Union through the EIUC (European Inter-University Centre for Human Rights and Democratization) and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Italy via the Embassy of the Republic of Italy to Bosnia and Herzegovina. It is implemented in Sarajevo and Bologna, thus students receive diplomas from both universities (UNSA and UNIBO). The programme is awarding 60 ECTS.
All interested in studying human rights and democracy in SEE in a dynamic and international educational setting are hereby invited to apply.
HOW TO APPLY?
1. Fill out the ONLINE PRE-APPLICATION FORM
2. Deliver all required documents in hard copies to the Center for Interdisciplinary Studies of the University of Sarajevo via regular/express/priority mail or in person by 11th of September 2017. (Address: Zmaja od Bosne 8, UNSA Campus, 71 000 Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina)
All documents must be submitted in English language. Only originals (in English) or certified copies and translations will be considered valid. Translation to English language of all documents issued in other languages must be provided by an official translation service / Court translator (with apostille) or your university/college.
- ERMA APPLICATION FORM
- University diploma – certified copy and translation
- Academic records / transcript – original or a certified copy and translation
- Citizenship certificate – original or a certified copy and translation
- Birth certificate – original or a certified copy and translation
- Passport photocopy – pages with personal info and expiry date of the document
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) – European format (Europass)
- Two recommendation letters – with stamp/signature, contact details clearly indicated
- English language certificate – original or a certified copy
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.