The David Oyedepo Foundation scholarship program is our major platform for promoting the Foundation’s vision and goals. The scholarship program awards full ride scholarships to qualified individuals who are indigenes and residents of African countries. The scholarship seeks to develop youth leaders who are ready to put their learned skills to work in leading organizations, communities and their local countries. The scholarship grants students the opportunity to study at Covenant and Landmark University, Nigeria. Please visit www.davidoyedepofoundation.org/scholarship for more information.
FINANCIAL PROVISIONS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
Full Academic fees for a maximum of 5 years. (In accordance to the University stipulated time for duration of chosen course).
The scholarship does not cover;
Medical/Health Insurance or allowance
Any other fees outside University generated Academic fees for a course at any level.
ONLINE APPLICATION SECTIONS
General/Contact Information Section
Provide general information in specified formats within the application form
You will be required to provide documentation verifying age, and country of citizenship for eligibility if you are selected at the interview stage
Information filled in Parent/Guardian section should be for BIOLOGICAL parents or LEGAL guardians
The contact information you provide will be used to reach you during the application and selection process. Please provide accurate addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses that you use and check on a regular basis.
1. Insert Primary School Name, Certificate obtained e.g. (primary school leaving certificate etc.), duration (mm/yy - mm/yy format), and the year of graduation. Indicate nil if you did not complete education at the school indicated.
Add New for multiple schools attended at primary/basic level
2. Insert Secondary/High School Name, Certificate obtained e.g. (junior/senior school leaving certificate, High school diploma etc.), Duration (mm/yy - mm/yy format), and the year of graduation. Indicate nil if you did not complete your education at the school indicated.
o Add New for multiple schools attended at secondary level until graduation.
3. Insert Post-Secondary Institution Name (e.g. A’level, Technical college, University), Certificate obtained e.g. (A levels, BSc, Diploma etc.), Duration (mm/yy - mm/yy format), and the year of graduation. Indicate nil if you did not complete your education at the school indicated.
4. Insert proposed University of Study and proposed course of study. Remember that the David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Program is specific at this time to only Covenant and Landmark University. It is also course specific, hence you would have the option of only choosing from the available options.
5. For the exam results section, the name of the Nationally Recognized O’level exams should be inserted including the date the exam was taken. (This exam varies for different countries).
o All subjects taken should be captures in the exam results section along with corresponding grades
o Combination of two different certificate exams is not permitted
o JAMB result is specific to ONLY Nigerian Applicants. All Nigerian applicants must insert JAMB result for application to be considered
Insert personal information and contact details for an Academic referee (i.e. academic staff who is aware of your academic progress and other school related affairs). Note: A letter of recommendation from this individual need to be uploaded in the ‘upload credentials’ section of the application.
Insert personal information and contact details for a Religious Referee (i.e. a cleric who is aware of your spiritual progress and other personal and character related affairs). Note: A letter of recommendation from this individual need to be uploaded in the uploads section of the application.
Note that parents or guardians CANNOT to be listed as referees.
This section includes 2 essay questions that must be completed. Each essay has a word limit of 500 words and must under no circumstances be exceeded. Your responses would give an opportunity to the selection committee to better understand you as a leader, including your desire to participate in the program.
English language proficiency is required for participation in the Scholarship program. All activities and communication would be done in English without the opportunity for translation. Please fill in the portion of the application evaluating your language skills as accurately as possible.
APPLIATION SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
The deadline for applications for the David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Program is 11.59 pm GMT + 01.00 on Thursday 31st March 2016. Applications must be submitted online at https://davidoyedepofoundation.org/portal/scholarship.