The International Excellence Scholarship
Now open for 2017 applicants, deadline 31 May 2017 11:59pm (GMT)
Our goal is to provide over £110,000 of financial support to exceptional students.Thanks to the generosity of Brunel’s alumni and supporters, we are offering:
- 50 awards, which comprise a £3000 discount on the cost of tuition fees
- Open to Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Research students who are classed as overseas for fee purposes
- Scholarship holders will represent Brunel as ambassadors throughout their time at the University
The International Excellence Scholarship is now open for 2017 applicants
- First you must apply for one of our courses. We recommend you submit your application for a course by Friday 28 April 2017. This is so the Admissions team have enough time to assess your application and issue you with an applicant number, before the scholarship application deadline. Late scholarship applications will not be considered.
- Apply for a scholarship via your student portal eVision, by 31 May 2017 11:59pm (GMT). The application will include a 500 word essay (please write about activities, achievements and personal qualities relevant to your application). Your responses, along with your course application and grades, will be the main focus of the Scholarship Panel’s deliberations and should therefore be written carefully and spell-checked. Make sure that your application is complete before you submit it. We will not accept incomplete applications and you cannot provide additional information once your application is submitted. You may only apply once.
If you are applying for a course starting in January 2018 please do not apply yet. Applications for our January 2018 scholarships will open on 1st July 2017. If you apply early your application WILL NOT be considered.
We are offering 50 Scholarships comprising of a £3000 discount on the cost of tuition fees (to be discounted from the total course tuition fee). The scholarship is available to international applicants on any undergraduate, postgraduate or PhD programme starting in September 2017 or January 2018.
Application process: Applicants starting the course in September must submit an online scholarship application via the student portal eVision by 11.59 pm (GMT) on 31 May 2017. Late applications will not be considered.
Applicants starting in January cannot apply for the scholarship until 1st July 2017 and must submit an online scholarship application via eVision by 11.59 pm (GMT) on 29 October 2017.
The application will include a 500 word essay describing why the applicant has applied to Brunel and why they would make a good ambassador for the course and University.
To be considered for the International scholarship an applicant must:
- Have been assessed by Brunel University London as an international student for fees purposes.
- Have an offer to study full-time on an undergraduate, postgraduate taught or a postgraduate research programme of study starting in September 2017 or January 2018.
- Satisfy the entry criteria for admission to their chosen programme of study.
- This scholarship programme is not available to current registered Brunel students on a full time or part time undergraduate or postgraduate programme. Students on the London Brunel International College (LBIC) programmes and distance learning versions of courses, or the English@Brunel, Pre-sessional English and Intensive Foundation or Premasters courses through the International Pathways and Language Centre (IPLC).
- This scholarship programme is not available to those that have been in receipt of a Brunel International Scholarship previously, either as part of current or earlier studies.
- By accepting a scholarship you are agreeing to become a Student Ambassador for the University. You will be welcomed into the University at a Scholar's Reception during your first weeks and may be asked to:
- a) Take part in photo shoots and filming events organised by the International Recruitment or Marketing team (maximum of three).
- b) Write a profile of yourself (250 words) that should include some or all of the following points – Why you chose Brunel – Your life at the university – How your course at Brunel will contribute to your career.
- c) Help support Brunel's social media activity aimed at engaging potential and current international students.
- d) Give feedback and advice on how to apply for a Brunel international scholarship for future applicants, as required.
- e) Meet guests from overseas universities or embassies.
- f) Other activities by request include hosting tours of the campus, helping at Open Days and, participating in other marketing activity.
Successful applicants will be contacted by the International Recruitment or Marketing team as and when your participation would be appreciated.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.