Sisters of Mercy Scholarship
Established in 2010 by the Ballarat Sisters of Mercy who support the Mission of ACU and wish to contribute to its work, in particular, a commitment to supporting high quality education based on Christian values and a commitment to mercy and justice.
Open: Friday, 21 July 2017
Close: Monday, 5 March 2018
The scholarship is valued at up to $4,000, paid as one instalment annually for the duration of the course.
- $1,000 per annum is available for students enrolled full-time, for a maximum of four years
- $500 per annum is available for students enrolled part-time, for a maximum of eight years.
There are one scholarships available.
- Citizenship: domestic and international students
- Faculty: any
- Course: any ACU undergraduate degree
- Campus: Ballarat
- Year level: first or second year (or part time equivalent)
- From a rural or regional area
Apply online by clicking the button below and completing the application form. You must attach the following documentation with your application:
- A written statement of approximately 500-800 words outlining:
- How you engage with your local community and how does this reflect the mission and values of ACU?
- The hardship or barriers you have faced in accessing higher education, and how your degree will change your future.
- Three written references which address the above criteria
- Evidence of relocation or residence in a rural or regional area
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Written references
Applicants will be shortlisted by the Scholarships Office and recipients selected by the donor.
You are requested to submit a letter of appreciation for the donor explaining how the scholarship has assisted you. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October 2018.
The recipient will be required to submit an annual report to the Scholarships Office by 1 October each year on his/her progress and the ways he/she has demonstrated his/her commitment.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: