Modifications and/or additions to this Call for applications shall be notified on the University website.
The PhD program is done in collaboration with CMCC and INGV and the Environmental Regional Protection Agency.
Available positions: 16 with scholarships
Funded by the Euro-Mediterranean Center on Climate Change: 7 scholarships
- Regardless of age and citizenship status, applicants can be admitted to the selection procedure if they have been awarded at least one of the following degrees
- Laurea Magistrale, Magistrale a ciclo unico or Laurea Specialistica (Master’s Degree);
- Laurea di Vecchio Ordinamento (pre-1999 reform);
- A Second Cycle Degree awarded by academic institutions part of AFAM (Alta Formazione Artistica e Musicale);
- A non-Italian Second Cycle Degree awarded by an academic institution, equivalent to the above-mentioned degrees (letters a, b, c).
Applicants who are yet to obtain their Second Cycle Degree are admitted to the selection procedure on condition that they obtain their degree no later than the enrolment, and before the PhD programme’s start date.
The PhD focuses on earth sciences, climate change, mitigation / adaptation strategies, national and international policy analysis, unique health, promoting multidisciplinary training.
The learning outcomes align with the Sustainable Development Goals. PhD students will actively contribute to designing and implementing solutions, strategies and policies for sustainable development in the 21st century, researching ways to protect human, animal and environmental health, based on an advanced understanding of the risks deriving from climate change.
The program will train professionals in the fields of earth and climate sciences, food production, economics, human health in the environmental context and social sciences in the context of climate change for careers in academia, research, government, industry and international organizations.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.