The A*STAR Computing and Information Science (ACIS) Scholarship aims to attract and nurture top talents who wish to pursue a PhD in computing and information science (CIS) disciplines, opening the gateway to exciting careers in A*STAR, industry R&D labs, technology enterprises, spin-off companies and academia.
Scholars in the programme will be exposed to boundless opportunities to research on real-world issues across the whole spectrum of computing science, from deep learning for healthcare, data analytics for improved machine learning, to modelling and simulation for advanced applications.
A monthly stipend will be provided to scholars, in addition to up to four years of funding for your PhD studies at Nanyang Technological University (NTU), National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) or Singapore Management University (SMU).
cholars can also look forward to an overseas attachment of up to 12 months during their PhD studies.
ACIS scholars who are interested to further deepen their research expertise and expand their global network through post-doctoral training at top overseas universities or research entities canapply for the A*STAR International Fellowship (AIF) upon completion of their PhD studies.
- Singaporeans and other nationals welcome to apply
- Non-Singaporeans must have completed or are on track to complete a degree in a Singapore autonomous university
- Have obtained, or are on track to obtain, at least a 2nd Upper Class Honours degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Applicants who are in the last semester of their final year of undergraduate studies are welcome to apply; however, successful candidates will only be awarded the scholarship if they obtain at least a 2nd Upper Class Honours or equivalent results that meet A*STAR’s requirements
- Satisfy the criteria for and gain admission to a PhD programme* in one of the following schools:
- NTU School of Computer Science and Engineering
- NUS School of Computing
- SMU School of Information Systems
- SUTD Information Systems Technology and Design Pillar
- Have strong interest to pursue a CIS research career in industry R&D labs, technology enterprises, spin-off companies and/or academia
Successful applicants will be given the following support* for up to four years:
- Full tuition fees
- Monthly sustenance allowance and CPF contribution (where applicable) based on the prevailing employer’s contribution rate^
- Other allowances including
- Book allowance
- Computer allowance
- Conference allowance
- Miscellaneous allowance
- Thesis allowance
- Support for up to 12 months of overseas attachment
For further information, please click the "LINK TO ORIGINAL" button below.