THE LANE KIRKLAND SCHOLARSHIPS in Poland
in the 2019-20 academic year
The Program is addressed to young leaders and experts, holding Master’s (or equivalent) university degrees, who are determined to be actively involved in the development of democracy, economy and civil society in their countries and the region. The program includes two semesters of study at Polish universities (in Warszawa, Kraków, Wrocław, Poznań and Lublin) and two or more weeks professional internships in public and private institutions.
The candidates who are planning to return to their countries of origin after the scholarship program for the purpose of implementing the newly acquired knowledge therein are welcome to submit their applications.
- Economics and management
- Administration / management (business, NGO, culture, environmental protection, health care, education)
- Public administration (government and local government)
- Social science (Social Psychology, Sociology)
- Political science and international relations
- Development policy and Humanitarian Aid
Receiving a diploma is conditional on preparing and defending diploma thesis. Diploma thesis shall be of theoretical or practical character.
- Monthly stipend paid to Kirkland grantees for nine months: 1800 PLN/month.
- Free of charge access to academic courses is free of charge
In addition, the Program administrator provides the following (worth approx. 4200 PLN/month):
- Accommodation in Poland during nine months
- Health insurance for medical outpatient care, treatment costs in case of emergency and civil liability insurance
- one return ticket to Poland (up to agreed amount)
- public transportation cards;
- visa costs
- research materials (up to 2700/year)
- Participation in the orientation program and grantees conventions,
- Polish language course (October- May).
• Inauguration of the Program (mid-Sept 2019)
• Orientation (10 days)
• Classes at universities (two semesters) in leading Polish academic centers, such as Warsaw, Kraków, Poznań, Lublin or Wrocław
• Preparation of two semester papers and one diploma paper
• Four conventions of all Kirkland grantees in different cities in Poland
• Personal development and animation activities
• 2-4 weeks of professional internship (usually upon completion of the academic program)
• Closing ceremony – final diplomas (end of June 2020)
The Kirkland scholarships are addressed to individuals who represent the following professional groups:
• civil servants, employees of central and local government institutions
• managers in business, NGOs, culture, education, environmental protection, healthcare
• leaders of non-governmental organizations, animators in culture and civic activity
• academic teachers
• Citizenship and permanent residence in one of the targeted countries (holders of permanent residence card in Poland and people living or working in Poland when applying for a scholarship are ineligible)
• Master’s degree
• Up to 35 years of age (in special cases up to 40)
• At least 2 years of professional experience
• At least two years between any previous foreign scholarships (lasting longer than 6 months)
• Polish language proficiency adequate to effectively attend lectures and seminars as well as to prepare a diploma project. During the interview candidates are required to speak Polish at least at the B1 level.
• Studies within the Kirkland Program are realised in Polish or English (studies in English are not possible for candidates from Belarus and Ukraine), however, only in Polish it is possible to fully use the educational offer at Polish universities and the professional internship offered in program.
Candidates from Belarus and Ukraine and the others planning to study in Polish, at the start of the scholarship must demonstrate knowledge of the Polish language at a level that allows the use of academic activities and allowing the writing of a diploma thesis (B2). During the interview, knowledge of Polishis is advisable at least at level B1. Candidates who pass the qualification in terms of content, but do not know Polish well enough, will have the opportunity to continue learning the language (the Program Administrator provides study materials) and pass the language exam organized at the turn of July and August 2019.
Candidates from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan planning to study in English are required to indicate a specific educational offer in that language in the above-mentioned five academic centers. These persons are required , during the interview, to speak English at least at B2 level and have the basic knowledge of the Polish language - A1 level. Candidates who pass the qualification in terms of content, but not sufficiently know Polish, have the opportunity to continue learning the language (Administrator provides study materials) and pass the language exam organized at the turn of July and August 2019.)
- Candidates actively working in their professional and social fields
- Candidates who have significant achievements
- Candidates who have not studied in Poland before
- Candidates choosing to study in Polish
1. Application form on-line
a) detailed personal questionnaire
b) proposed program of study in Poland explaining the purpose of participation in the Kirkland Program and including the future plans connected with its completion (not exceeding 4,000-6,000 characters with spaces)
2. Two letters of reference (using the form: in Polish, English or Russian), describing the achievements and qualifications of the candidate as well as the expectations connected with the candidate’s further development and work in her/his professional or social field – to be submitted by e-mail
3. Copy of Master’s degree diploma (or PhD diploma) – to be submitted by e-mail
Approximately 45 best individuals will be selected in a 3-stage evaluation process of candidates:
I. Review of applications with regard to eligibility criteria
II. Review of candidates’ proposed projects of study
by independent experts
III. Interviews (planned on 30 March-30 April 2019)
The candidates advanced to the third stage will be notified by e-mail or phone. Information on the final nominations will be mailed to the candidates in June 2019.
Application forms should be filled out on-line. After the on-line application is completed, the system will generate a confirmation document that needs to be printed. The signed page together with the attached current photograph of the candidate should be scanned and sent by e-mail together with two reference letters and a copy of the graduation diploma to the following address: email@example.com
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.