My!Europe – Young MEPs for Democracy
Call for applications
The Centre for European Progression is looking for young people interested in European affairs to participate in a week-long My!Europe – Young MEPs for Democracy Erasmus+ youth exchange programme, organised in partnership with the Cagliari-based Associazione TDM 2000 and other NGOs from across Europe.
The exchange programme is organised as a simulation of real working sessions of the European Parliament and intended for young Europeans aged 20-24 (flexible). The aim of the exchange is to foster the participants’ understanding of EU policy-making and to encourage active democratic participation. The opportunity is particularly timely considering the upcoming European Parliament Elections in May 2019.
For one week, each participant will:
– play the role of a Member of the European Parliament representing a political party and a member state of the EU; and
– make agreements and negotiate solutions to topical European problems following the European Parliament’s procedural rules
The programme is organised to:
– explain, clarify and help understand the main functions and competencies of the European Parliament;
– stimulate citizen participation in the 2019 European elections;
– familiarise young Europeans with social inclusion in the EU member states;
– promote the values of democracy and active participation; and
– encourage interaction between young Europeans and the EU institutions promoting grassroots participation.
How to apply
To apply for the exchange programme, send us a short motivation letter introducing yourself in English (max. 200 words) by Monday 3 December. Please use the subtitle “My!Europe youth exchange application” in your email.
Belgian citizens, as well as EU nationals and non-EU citizens legally residing in Belgium, are able to apply.
The event is free-of-charge: Travel costs, accommodation (Hostel Marina) and catering (breakfast, lunch, dinner and two coffee breaks a day) are covered for the participants.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below