Introduction to Systems Thinking and Modelling Summer School 2019
The Capability Systems Centre at UNSW Canberra will host the Systems Thinking and Modelling Summer School the week before MODSIM 2019.
The Summer School on Model-based decision analysis brings students of various backgrounds the fundamental knowledge and practice on the use of models to support decision analysis, learning, and problem-solving. The summer school will cover several topics and will equip you with the essential resources you will need throughout your modelling journey, including:
• How can you scope your research project using modelling and simulation as a primary research method?
• What problem framing and conceptualization techniques can you use in your project?
• How can you design and use a multi-method (optimisation, simulation, exploratory analysis) approach to enrich your project?
• What are the good modelling practices that you can follow to build your model’s credibility and maximize its impact?
• How can you document your modelling?WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
• Jump start your research project with fundamental knowledge about modelling methodologies, techniques, and tools.
• Get hands-on experience with several modelling tools, including AnyLogic Simulation and Python analysis packages.
• Network and share your research problem and ideas with like-minded people.
• Challenge yourself through a set of group exercises, interactive tutorials, real-life case studies.
• Lots of fun activities.WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• Undergraduate (senior year B.Sc./B.E.) and graduate (M.Sc and Ph.D.) level students who are interested in using modelling and simulation as their primary research method.
• Practitioners who wish to use modelling in their organisations.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please email expressions of interest regarding the Systems Thinking and Modelling Summer School to be held from 25 to 29 November 2019 to the Capability Systems Centre at email@example.com by 11 February 2019.
Please ensure you provide the following information when emailing your expression of interest:
- First Name:
- Accommodation: Single room / Shared room (NB: Single room will be at a higher rate)
- Home Location:
- Attendee Profile:
- PhD Student
- Master Student
- Undergraduate Student
You will be placed on our mailing list and be notified once registrations open in early 2019. The Summer School registration fee is AUD$1,200. If you have any further enquiries/comments please don’t hesitate to contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.