The European Youth Forum and JM International will once again launch the popular Emerging Bands Contest
YO!Fest is the annual youth festival organised by the European Youth Forum that combines high-level political debates, thematic workshops, educational activities, live music and artistic performances creating a unique, fun and meaningful experience of participation.
This year's edition will be held in Maastricht on the February 7th 2017 under the motto “Let’s YouthUP Europe!”.
Over 5000 young people from all over Europe will meet in Maastricht to debate with peers and decision-makers as part of a year of events “Europe Calling!”.
The event is co-created with young people and local and European youth organisations.
EMERGING BANDS CONTEST
The European Youth Forum and JM International will once again launch the popular Emerging Bands Contest, this time in cooperation with the City of Maastricht and Muziekgeiterij.
Our aim is to find the best young European bands and give them the opportunity to perform at the biggest political youth event in Europe, helping them to boost their career in front of an international public, opening for exciting headliners.
An open call is sent out targeted at young bands, and the top ones are chosen by an international jury based on their artistic excellence and energy.
So... what are you waiting for? Apply now!
Terms & Conditions
Calling all European emerging bands! This is your chance to perform at YO!Fest 2017 and become a part of Generation Maastricht on 7th February!
All you need to do is submit your entry by 4th January 2017 with your band's info, music & links and convince us you're the best band for the job!
The YO!Fest jury will pick three winners to perform as opening acts for YO!Fest:
- 2 Bands
- 1 DJ
Who can apply?
Bands with maximum 6 members from:
- European Union member countries
- EU candidate countries (Albania, FYROM, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey)
- EFTA (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland)
- The average age of the band members should not exceed 26 (no members may be over 30 years old)
- Bands should play a genre that is accessible to a wide variety of people.
What can you win?
The winning bands will get the travel to/from Maastricht, local transport, accommodation and food covered to play on stage at the European Youth Event 2017.
What can you win?
- Each winner will have a 30 minutes performance at YO!Fest 2017.
- YO!Fest will cover the winning bands’ travels to/from Maastricht, their local transportation in Maastricht, accommodation, food plus €50 per band member.
- The winners will be announced by 11th of January by email and/or by telephone.
- Bands are expected to arrive in Maastricht on the 6th, perform on the 7th and depart on the 8th of February.
Important to remember:
Please attach your songs at the bottom of the form.
By submitting this application you agree with the following Terms and Conditions:
- The European Youth Forum, JM International and its licensees, including and without limitation, any radio or television broadcasting corporation or any festival, has the right to broadcast my performance at YO!Fest and all connected concerts and rehearsals as well as any material submitted via your application.
- In addition, the European Youth Forum, JM International and its licensees have the rights to use the recordings of such performances, of portion of thereof, as you may from time to time determine, in perpetuity and worldwide, whatsoever, including private, school and other educational uses, and exhibition by means of film, videotape, audio devices whether now known or unknown.
- The European Youth Forum, JM International and its licensees have the right to publish and disseminate my name, picture and voice, and biographical information about me, any means for the purposes of information and advertising and publicising such recorder performances. In no event shall my name be used in connection with any product or service.
- It is also understood that if the artist/band is selected to take part in the YO!Fest 2017 I shall take all necessary steps in order to obtain official documents to attend the above-mentioned venue (to include passport, necessary visas) and agree to comply with any official request by The European Youth Forum and JM International such as provision of a copy of the plane ticket or other kind of travel documentation both to and from the host country. This paragraph also applies to all other official requests (additional data of the musicians; additional copies of other documents than passport; accreditation forms; statements, etc.) by the JM International office, the local organiser, host country or any other third party involved in the organisation of the session (music festivals in general; competitions; TV or radio performances, or others).
Please note that the information you submitted in the application process will be confidential and will not be made public.
To APPLY click "Further official information" below and fill the application form.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: