Pears Foundation PhD Scholarships at the Middle East and North Africa Centre at the University of Sussex (2017)
The Middle East and North Africa Centre at the University of Sussex offers three PhD scholarships (fully funded for three years) available from September 2017, made possible by the generous support of the Pears Foundation. The scholarships are tenable for 3 years, with the possibility of extension for one further year. The scholarship covers UK/EU or International fees and provides a stipend that matches that provided for UK doctoral students by the UK Research Council.
Type of award
UK/EU or International fees, and a stipend that matches that provided for UK doctoral students by the UK Research Council
The doctoral project proposed must fall into one of the Centre's main areas of study: Middle Eastern, Israeli and North African Studies. There are no restrictions as to time period or subject area.
Students must be accepted into a PhD course in the humanities or social sciences, which include the following schools:
- History, Art History and Philosophy
- Media, Film and Music
- Business, Management and Economics
- Education and Social Work
- Global Studies
- Institute of Development Studies
- Law, Politics and Sociology
The successful candidate will have an outstanding academic background, including the methodological training and/or language skills necessary to start their research project.
Applicants must be able to commence their PhD in September 2017.
Applicants will need to complete TWO applications in order to be considered for a scholarship:
1. Applicants must apply online for a PhD at Sussex. Deadline: 26th January 2017.
2. Applicants must complete a separate application for the scholarship using the Pears Foundation Scholarship application form. This application will be assessed by a panel made up of faculty members of the university. Deadline 9th February 2017.
Thursday, 26th January 2017 - Deadline to apply for a PhD at Sussex
Thursday, 9th February 2017 - Deadline to apply for the scholarship
For an informal discussion to find out more about the scholarships, please contact MENACS Director Dr Hilary Kalmbach via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: