The LLM Scholarships and Bursaries are awarded to students in eight countries around the world.
To be eligible for this course-fee scholarship, for your final four modules, you must fulfil the following criteria:
- You must be registered and studying in one of the following countries: Malaysia, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Ghana, Nigeria or Russia.
- You must have completed 12 modules and failed none.
- Out of those 12 modules you must have successfully completed at least 5 modules (with no failed attempts) within 13 months of your effective registration date.
- For example, if your registration date is 1 May 2017, you must have completed 5 modules by the end of the May 2018 exam session - either in a single session or spread over two sessions.
Scholarships are granted to those with the best average score across five modules. (It must normally be 60% or above). If you have completed more than five modules within the qualifying period, your average is calculated from your best five marks.
The following terms and conditions apply to your University of London LLM bursary:
- To be eligible for the LLM Bursary, you must be a current resident within Pakistan, Malaysia, Bangladesh or Sri Lanka.
- The LLM Bursary is available for the University of London Postgraduate Laws programme offered via distance learning only (this includes the LLM, Postgraduate Diploma in Laws, Postgraduate Certificate in Laws and the Postgraduate Laws (individual modules).
- You will not be considered for the LLM Bursary until you have been given an offer for the University of London distance learning LLM programme.
- If you request the LLM Bursary past the deadline for the current session, we cannot award you the bursary. However you can request the LLM Bursary for the next academic session providing the bursary is still available, and if you can defer your registration until the next session.
- You cannot be considered for the LLM Bursary if you are a currently registered student.
- The LLM Bursary can be applied against registration fees, examination entry fees and course module fees, but does not cover examination resit fees, recognition of prior learning fees, fees for changing a module, or any fees charged by examination centres or teaching centres.
- The LLM Bursary may be awarded in addition to other scholarships and funding, but it cannot be used in conjunction with any other University of London bursary or scholarships.
- LLM Bursaries may be reviewed on an annual basis and cannot be transferred to another individual.
- Students awarded a LLM Bursary but who subsequently withdraw from their course of studies will no longer be eligible for the LLM Bursary.
- Students who take a break in their studies will continue to be eligible for the LLM Bursary provided that they complete their degree in the permitted timescales and pay any relevant fees.
- The LLM Bursary is only valid for registrations that begin in the November 2019 session onwards, and cannot be retroactively applied to studies before November 2019.
- The LLM Bursary will be valid for the maximum period of registration for your programme.
- The University reserves the right to terminate the LLM Bursary if you are found to have omitted key information or have provided untrue, inaccurate, incomplete or fraudulent information on your application form or in any additional information provided to the University and used in the determination of the award of your LLM Bursary.
- You agree to abide by the rules and regulations of the University of London. If you do not abide by these rules and regulations, or if you do not meet the requirements (including the academic requirements) to continue or complete the LLM distance learning course, the University reserves the right to withdraw the LLM Bursary with immediate effect.
- You undertake to use your best efforts to fulfil the academic requirements of the LLM distance learning course.
- As part of the LLM Bursary award, the University may ask you to participate in marketing related activities and/or events to promote and share your experiences of the LLM Bursary. Examples of typical activities and/or events may include participating in an interview, providing a profile for the University website or prospectus or attending an open day or induction event. If you participate in such activities and/or events, you agree for the University to use any material resulting from such activities and/or events for the purposes of publicity material and/or for the education of other students, whether electronically or in print. You furthermore release and discharge the University and its agents, representatives and assignees from any and all claims and demands arising out of or in connection with the use of the publicity material, including without limitation any and all claims for invasion of privacy and defamation. Additionally, you agree that the copyright of any publicity material shall be wholly vested in the University and you hereby assign to the University any and all rights in the publicity material.
- By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, you are giving the University the right to hold and process your personal data, including some sensitive personal data. The University will process this personal data (including any personal data provided as part of participation in a marketing related activity and/or event under clause 16) in accordance with the UK Data Protection legislation and the University’s Data Protection Policy. The University will only share data with third parties in accordance with its Data Protection Policy and the University will remain the data controller of the data. The Data Protection Policy is applicable from the time of accepting these Terms and Conditions.
- The University of London and any relevant Member Institutions are separate legal entities. In accepting the LLM Bursary you agree to the sharing of your personal data between the University and a Member Institution (where relevant) for the purposes of the management of your LLM Bursary.
- Each of the clauses of these Terms and Conditions operate separately. If a clause or any part of a clause is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed deleted, but that shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of these Terms and Conditions which shall remain in full force and effect.
- These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and the University in relation to the LLM Bursary. All previous agreements, arrangements and understandings between you and the University relating to the LLM Bursary, whether written or oral, shall have no legal effect unless expressly set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- If the University fails to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions, or if the University does not enforce its rights against you, or if the University delays in doing so, that will not mean that the University has waived its rights against you and that will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If the University waives a default by you of the LLM Bursary, the University will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that it will automatically waive any later default by you.
- These are the Terms and Conditions between you and the University. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of the terms of these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions, and any matters arising out of or in relation to these Terms and Conditions, are governed and construed in accordance with English law. The parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in relation to these Terms and Conditions.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.