Project Management (not intended as preparatory for certification seekers)
The course is designed for those professionals who are working in lower levels of project management or are planning to take their first steps in the field. With that in mind, participants are taught project management, i.e., the roles and responsibilities of project managers. Instruction is through lectures and real life cases and examples. Skills learned are checked through quizzes and practiced using case studies. Participants also learn about the right documents and plans used throughout the different phases of project implementation.
The course provides a general understanding of the processes and components of project management, including scope, time, cost, risk, quality, human resources, procurement, stakeholders and communication management.
Upon completion of the course, successful participants will have the confidence necessary for managing projects.
Target Group: The course is intended for those who are new in project management, as well as for those professionals who are aiming at acquiring project management skills to advance in their respective careers.
Language of delivery: English
Start date: May 3, 2016
Schedule: Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, 18:30-21:30
Fee: AMD 120,000 (VAT inclusive)
About the trainer: The trainer, Astghik Sahakyan is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP®), an international expert on project management and procurement. She is a consultant with many years of experience and a qualified trainer. Her area of concentration includes consultancy for large and complex projects. She provides guidance to various stakeholders during all project phases, starting from initiation up to closing. Astghik Sahakyan has worked for the largest highway project in Armenia and has led procurement processes of more than US $300 million. Astghik has authored several research studies and assessments in the fields of project management and procurement. Astghik is a member of the Project Management Institute (PMI®).
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Extension courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, choose the Extension tab, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the tandem machine (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: