The Government of the Republic of Poland offers a scholarship for Young Academicians who wish to pursue further education in Poland during the academic year 2017/2018.
1. Copy of University diploma equivalent to Polish Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or an official document confirming participation in doctoral studies or working.
2. Precisely completed application form (available at: www.studium.uw.edu.pl)..
3. Concise letter of motivation indicating major of studies chosen by the candidate, possibly.
4. Project of research work.
5. Curriculum vitae written in Polish or English language, in the reverse chronological order, in which the most recent events are listed first, including 1 photograph in a paper or electronic version (converted into JPG).
6. List of all academic publications, most significant academic written work, professional or academic projects.
7. Certificates confirming candidate’s knowledge of Polish and English language.
8. Other information, documents that the candidate believes might assist the commission in evaluating his or her application.
1. The final deadline for application is 1st March 2017.
2. The qualification of the candidates is held in two stages:
a) 1st stage of qualification is prosecuted by an Admissions Committee in Warsaw on the basis of documents sent by the candidates – candidates accepted for next stage of qualification will be noted by 20 April 2017.
b) 2nd stage - qualifying interviews conducted by the Committee’s delegates to the candidates home countries will took place from 1st May till 15ty June 2017 (detailed information about the dates of interviews will be announced after the end of the 1st stage of qualification)
3. The candidates questionings are held in:
a) for citizens of the Russian Federation – Embassy of the Republic of Poland in Moscow,
b) for citizens of Ukraine – Embassy of the Republic of Poland in Kiev,
c) for citizens of the Republic Belarus - Embassy of the Republic of Poland in Minsk,
d) for citizens of Caucasus countries - Embassies of the Republic of Poland in Tbilisi, Yerevan or Baku,
d) for candidates from Central Asia – in 1 or 2 Polish diplomatic outposts in the region.
4. The candidates will be notified by the Polish diplomatic outposts and the Centre for East European Studies, University of Warsaw about the dates and places of interviews.
5. The candidates will be notified by the Polish diplomatic outposts and the Centre for East European Studies, University of Warsaw about the results of the qualification process by the 10th July 2017 at the latest.
6. The candidates and the Polish diplomatic outposts will be notified by the Centre for East European Studies, University of Warsaw about the assignments to particular Polish universities by the 15th August 2017 at the latest.
ORGANIZATIONAL ISSUES AND OTHER CONDITIONS OF THE REALIZATION OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
1. The Scholarship Program is realized within the framework of general conditions specified by the Decree of the Minister of Science and Higher Education from the 12 October 2006 (Dz.U. z 2006r. Nr 190, poz.1406).
2. Bureau for Academic Recognition and International Exchange at the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of Poland ensures the realization of the Program.
3. The Centre for East European Studies ensures academic coordination during the Program and allocates scholarship holders to different universities in Poland.
4. Universities, where scholarship holders will be allocated, assign academic tutors, who will provide academic assistance over the scholarship holders and will be their diploma thesis supervisors. The Centre for East European Studies notifies each scholarship holder about their university and tutor.
5. The scholarship holders are obliged to have an insurance policy covering medical treatment expenses within the whole period of the realization of the Scholarship. It can be bought in the scholarship holder’s home country or in Poland (costs about 45 PLN per month).
6. Travel costs to Poland and back are covered by the scholarship holder.
7. The scholarship holder’s obligations are:
a) to settle, together with tutor pointed by the University, a one year scientific program of the stay;
b) to settle with the tutor on a field and subject of a diploma thesis;
c) to settle with the tutor subjects of 2 papers (parts of the diploma thesis) to be presented in January and May 2018,
d) attending to at least 5 academic classes per week (seminars, lectures etc.), compatible with the subjects of the scholarship stay, including attending (obligatory) classes conducted by tutor and, methodical classes from a scholarship holder’s specialization,
e) attending additional Polish language classes during the winter semester and passing exam ending the course,
f) to stay in permanent contact with the scientific tutor in the frames of 1 hour long consultations once a week,
g) to write a diploma thesis, minimum 50 pages long, using a proper academic methodology, written in Polish,
h) to defend (present) a diploma thesis on the 20th June 2018 at the latest.
8. In case these obligations are not fulfilled or in case of braking the Polish law, the university laws or the general rules of social life the scholarship may be withdrawn.
9. The ceremony of handing out the diplomas of graduation from “Scholarship Program of the Polish Government for Young Academicians” will take place in Warsaw, during the last week of June 2018.
11. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Poland will aim at enabling and supporting mutual contacts and meetings of the “Scholarship Program of the Polish Government for Young Academicians” Graduates.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: