About the Scholarship Programme
The Centre for Arts Doctoral Research Excellence (CADRE) at the University of Warwick expects to offer up to 13 fully-funded 3.5 year PhD scholarships for Home/EU students, commencing in the academic year 2017-18.
This is an opportunity for excellent graduates from across the globe to become part of a vibrant doctoral Arts and Humanities research community. CADRE scholars are offered the chance to develop an innovative approach to interdisciplinary research and tackle societal challenges from a humanities perspective. CADRE aims to equip scholars with the knowledge, skills and understanding to pursue the profession of their choice, whether in academia or in the public or private sectors; to be informed and active citizens; and to seek to apply their expertise to the major issues facing society today.
As a CADRE Scholar you will have access to the following:
- World leading interdisciplinary supervision
- A rich community of peer learning through the Arts PGR Development Exchange
- The chance to participate in the annual Arts Postgraduate Research Festival
- The chance to learn a language and spend time at a non UK archive
- A range of reading groups and seminars hosted by departments across the Faculty
- A personalised development journey, ensuring that you complete your studies having developed the essential skills to compete for an academic or non-academic position
The Faculty of Arts at Warwick provides an outstanding academic environment in which to develop your research. The faculty includes the following departments, but would also welcome proposals that take a cross disciplinary or interdisciplinary approach:
- Classics and Ancient History
- English and Comparative Literary Studies
- Film and Television Studies
- French Studies
- German Studies
- Hispanic Studies
- History of Art
- Centre for Cultural Policy Studies
- Theatre Studies
- Centre for the Study of the Renaissance
How to Apply
Applicants should read the guidance notes carefully before completing the application form.
New applicants can apply for the Chancellor’s International Scholarship by completing the Joint Postgraduate Admissions and Scholarship Application form. If you are eligible for this scholarship you will be asked if you would like to be considered for funding as part of your application to the University. Please select YES at this point and you will be invited to complete further information that will form the basis of your application for this Scholarship.
If you are in the first year of your PhD or applied before 1st August 2016 and would like to be considered for this Scholarship to fund the remainder of your studies please complete the Single Scholarship Application form.
It is important to contact the staff concerned to secure their agreement in advance.
The Application deadline for this year’s competition is 23:59pm (GMT) on Wednesday 18th January 2017
All supporting documents (references and transcripts) must be uploaded by Wednesday 1st February 2017 at the latest.
Please note no late applications will be accepted.
For more official information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: