NUS Performing & Visual Arts Scholarship
The NUS Performing & Visual Arts Scholarship is awarded to highly-talented individuals who possess outstanding academic and performing & visual arts participation and representation records. NUS Performing & Visual Arts Scholars are uniquely well-rounded individuals who are committed to contribute actively to the performing and/or visual arts scene at NUS.
Interested students should submit one common scholarship application to NUS to be considered for both tiers of the NUS Scholarships, the NUS Sports Scholarship and the NUS Performing & Visual Arts Scholarship.
- Be Singapore Citizens
- Have strong leadership qualities and potential
- Have good co-curricular activities record, particularly in performing and/or visual arts
- Possess good Singapore-Cambridge GCE A Level, local polytechnic diploma, International Baccalaureate diploma, NUS High School diploma or equivalent qualifications
- Be applying for admission to a full-time undergraduate degree programme at NUS, although the scholarship is not available for Yale-NUS College students and students in the Law and Liberal Arts Double Degree Programme offered by Yale-NUS College and NUS, and only limited scholarships are available for Dentistry, Medicine and Music
- Tuition fees (after MOE Tuition Grant subsidy)
- S$6,000 annual living allowance
- S$2,625 annual accommodation allowance if scholar is staying on campus
- Guaranteed an offer of a 1-semester Student Exchange Programme (SEP) with one of NUS’ overseas partner universities
- Guaranteed offers of on-campus accommodation for the first 2 years of undergraduate studies, provided the Scholar submits a complete hostel admission application every year within the prescribed application periods, and fulfil’s NUS’s eligibility criteria for NUS on-campus accommodation
- Eligibility for the NUS Scholar Enrichment Grant, which will co-fund 50% of the scholar’s participation in short local or overseas enrichment programmes (including programme fees, airfare and overseas accommodation), for up to 2 applications for the entire course of study and up to $3,000 per application
- Eligibility for free tickets to selected NUS arts performances
- Scholarship is bond-free
Terms & Conditions
- The scholarship is offered to read an undergraduate course at NUS, and is tenable for the normal course duration. Scholarships offered under Dentistry, Law, Medicine and Music cannot be transferred across courses, while scholarships offered under other courses may be transferred to other courses, excluding Dentistry, Law, Medicine and Music.
- Recipients of the scholarship (scholars) may not concurrently hold any other scholarship, fellowship, bursary, grant, award or allowance without prior approval from the University.
- The scholarship will be monitored and renewed every semester provided the scholar maintains a Cumulative Average Point (CAP) of at least 3.5 (or equivalent) and good conduct, and participate and contribute actively to the performing and/or visual arts at NUS, throughout their candidature at NUS.
- Scholars who require additional semester(s) to complete their studies due to their participation in the Student Exchange Programme or NUS Overseas Colleges Programme may submit an application for their scholarships to fund these additional semester(s), subject to case-by-case approval.
- Scholars will be required to take part in community involvement programmes or projects deemed appropriate and/or directed by the University.
- If the scholar decides to withdraw from the University and/or terminate the scholarship prematurely, the University reserves the right to impose repayment of all scholarship monies disbursed to the scholar.
Application & Shortlisting Process
- The common online scholarship application for the NUS Scholarships, NUS Sports Scholarship and NUS Performing & Visual Arts Scholarship will open from 1 February to 19 March every year. Scholarship applications can be submitted only after applications for admission to NUS have been submitted.
- Applicants are required to submit supporting documents (including academic results, CCA records and certificates of achievements) at our uploading facility, after completing the online scholarship application. One referee report is to be submitted online separately by your JC/Polytechnic/High School Principal or Tutor.
- NUS Performing & Visual Arts Scholarship applicants will be assessed on their suitability for the scholarship, based on the strength of their applications and their performance in the NUS Performing & Visual Arts Scholarship selection interview(s), if shortlisted.
- Applicants shortlisted for selection interview(s) will be informed via e-mail. Selection interviews will be conducted from late-March onwards, and applicants will be informed of their scholarship application outcomes by late-May. Please ensure that you are available to attend the interviews in order to be considered for scholarships. Your scholarship application will be withdrawn if you are unable to attend any scheduled selection interview(s) without valid reason(s).
- NUS reserves the right not to award any scholarship if there are no candidates of sufficient merit. The decision of the selection committee is final. Enquiries or disputes surrounding its decisions will not be entertained.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here:
http://www.nus.edu.sg/oam/scholarships/freshmen/scp/scholarship-scp-nus-performing-visualarts-scholarship.html#Application & Shortlisting Process