International Development awards scholarships worth £5,000 to successful international applicants joining us in September or January for their first year of study. Our international scholarships are partial scholarships. This means that you must make sure you can cover the outstanding amount for fees and living expenses yourself.
Who can apply?
You can apply for an International Scholarship if you meet all of the following criteria:
- you are an international student, classified as paying 'overseas fees'
- you have received an offer for an undergraduate or postgraduate course at Kingston University
- you are not currently registered on a Kingston University degree or foundation course
When can I apply?
- Applications open: 29 March 2021.
- Applications close: 31 May 2021.
- Applications are NOT on a first-come-first-served basis, so take your time. All applications received by the deadline will receive equal consideration.
How are the scholarships awarded?
International Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of the following:
- academic merit (your grades from previous study)
- what you expect to gain from your Kingston degree course
- what you expect to do after completing the course
What documents do I need to submit?
All the following supporting documents must be uploaded as part of your online International Scholarship application (we cannot accept supporting documents by email). Incomplete applications (those missing any of the required documents below) will not be processed.
- The offer email (conditional or unconditional) you received from Kingston, saved as PDF or Word format.
Academic Reference (from previous teacher or employer)
- How they know you.
- Why they think you deserve a scholarship (comments on your achievements or academic strengths).
- Why they think you will be an asset to your course of study.
Personal Statement (maximum 500 words)
- Your academic strength and achievements
- What you expect to gain from studying at Kingston University
- How you intend to use your experience and knowledge in the future
- Your long-term goals.
- If your final transcript will not be available until after 31 May, you should submit your most recent transcript/worksheet with grades to date.
- We will make a decision based on the grades that you provide on the transcript, not the grades that you expect.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.