Heidelberg Alumni U.S. (HAUS) is pleased to invite applications for the HAUS Scholarship. The stipend is available to one qualified student from a United States university planning to study at Universität Heidelberg. The scholarship award is $5,000 per semester for Master's program students and $3,000 for Bachelor's program students for the winter semester 2017/2018. We are seeking candidates with a strong academic background who can also fulfill the role of ambassador for HAUS upon their return from their study abroad experience.
Universität Heidelberg is consistently ranked as one of the best universities in Germany and one of the top rated institutions of higher education and research in the world. It has been distinguished twice as an elite university in the framework of the German Excellence Initiative. Universität Heidelberg is a research university with a wide range of study programs and a strong international orientation: about one-fifth of the university's 30,000 students and one-third of its doctoral candidates are foreign nationals.
With its landmark castle, Old Town and the Neckar River, Heidelberg ranks among the most beautiful cities in Germany. It is conveniently located just one hour south of Frankfurt International Airport.
- Undergraduate or Master's program student at an institution of higher education in the U.S.
- United States residency
- Acceptance as student at Universität Heidelberg (proof can be submitted at a later time)
Scholarship Recipient Expectations
- Successfully complete the proposed academic plan at Universität Heidelberg
- Cooperate with Heidelberg Alumni International (HAI) while in Heidelberg
- Serve as an ambassador for HAUS and Heidelberg University after completing his/her studies in Heidelberg.
How to Apply
- Complete the HAUS Scholarship application form in its entirety
- Submit an essay (500-600 words) describing
- your interest in and qualifications for the scholarship,
- why you would like to study at Heidelberg University,
- your study proposal,
- your role as HAUS Ambassador.
- Submit your latest transcript (electronically)
- Submit a recommendation letter by one of your professors
- Submit a CV
- Submit proof of U.S. residency (copy of driver's license, utility bill, or U.S. passport, etc.)
Short-listed candidates will participate in an oral interview.
HAUS will not support students who received another stipend for their stay in Heidelberg.
Application File: HAUS_Stipendium_2017_Bewerbung-a2e8e
Please mail the completed application with all attachments to info@HeidelbergUniversity.org
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: