Postdoctoral research scholarship
The objective of the postdoctoral research scholarship program is to foster up-and-coming researchers working in various research environments, by helping new doctorate holders to broaden their field of research. These scholarships also seek to encourage the mobility of researchers toward scientifically stimulating and dynamic environments. These environments may be universities, industries, government agencies and university affiliated institutions.
Postdoctoral research scholarships are intended for new researchers who obtained their doctorate and who wish to begin or pursue their postdoctoral research.
Candidates who wish to apply for a scholarship must follow the Instructions for completing an application for Master's or Doctoral research scholarships. It is also strongly suggested to read the guide for the preparation of a demand "Building on Excellence".
A candidate may submit only one application per year to the Fonds de recherche du Québec – Nature et technologies.
Contents of a file
All of the e-forms must be filled out and sent in by the competition deadline.
A candidate must have a personal identification number (PIN) in order to fill out the form.
The form is available on the Web site of the FRQNT. It must be filled out and sent electronically by the competition deadline. Once it has been completed, the form may be printed and saved by the applicant.
Forms may be completed in English or French. Candidates who submit the form in English must provide a French title for their project.
Two letters of reference are required. The e-forms for the letter (on-line or in PDF format) are available at the Fonds Web site.
- The on-line form can be sent to the Fonds electronically from the referee's personal file. However, candidates must provide their referees with their application number and personal identification number (PIN) so that the letters of recommendation can be sent from their personal file.
- A PDF version of this form is also available for referees who have no personal electronic file. The letter in PDF format must be filled out, signed and sent directly by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The postdoctoral research supervisor's letter of acceptance form (online or PDF) is available on the Web site of the FRQNT. The online form may be sent electronically to the FRQNT from the supervisor's personal file with applicant's application and personal identification numbers. The form is also available in PDF format for supervisors who do not have a personal e-file. The letter of acceptance in PDF format must be filled out, signed and sent directly by e-mail at email@example.com.
The applicant must fill out and send in the Canadian Common CV e-form.
Important note : From now on, the Fonds will be using the new Canadian Common CV and will also require that everyone who provides a CV enclose a PDF file detailing contributions (in Votre dossier). Please read the documents entitled Preparing a CV for the Fonds and Formatting standards for Contributions - Details in Votre dossier (your e-file).
Supporting documents required:
The required documents must be submitted in the appropriate file on the request form.
The applicant is responsible for his/her application which must include all of the required documents for an application to be deemed receivable. The applicant must also ensure that his/her respondents and supervisor have submitted their letters of recommendation and acceptance by the competition deadline at the latest.
You have to supply the following documents:
- An official transcript of marks (any non official electronic version will not be accepted) for all university studies, completed or not (certificate, degree, Bachelor's, Master's or Ph. D., etc). When equivalences are granted for courses taken at other institutions or in previous programs, transcripts for these grades must be enclosed with the file, including collegial transcripts. For transcripts from outside Canada or United States, candidates must enclose a letter explaining the grading system used by the institution in question. The Fonds de recherche reserves the right to verify with institutions the authenticity of any information given by applicants.FRQNT considers transcripts issued by the Registrar's Office to the applicants to be official transcripts. Opening the envelope to scan the transcripts will not render it unofficial for FRQNT purposes;
- Proof that the applicant successfully defended his/her thesis and a copy of the document attesting that the final version of the thesis was submitted. If the applicant is not able to provide these documents, he/she may include a copy of his/her doctoral transcript;
- For permanent residents, a copy of Canadian immigration papers permanent Resident Card;
- Applicants who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada must provide:
- 1) a copy of their Québec Selection Certificate;
- 2) a copy of the permanent resident status application submitted to the appropriate authorities;
- For Canadian citizens born outside, copy of proof of Canadian citizenship;
- A photocopy of a valid Quebec medical insurance card or any other document which proves that you are a resident of Quebec within the meaning of the Quebec Health Insurance Act ;
- Acknowledgements of receipt from the editor for all articles submitted and notices received from editors for articles accepted for publication (Acknowledgements of receipt for articles already published are not sent to the evaluation committee);
- Acknowledgements of receipt for any patents submitted ;
Additional documents for candidates wishing to be considered for exemptions regarding the eligibility period:
- Official attestation of interrupted enrolment and, where applicable, a medical certificate indicating the duration of and the reason for the interruption.
Additional document for applicants who are carrying out their research abroad and who are ensured a regular position in a Québec research centre or university upon their return:
- A letter from the director of the research centre or university department confirming that the position will be granted when the applicant returns.
Only the e-form for the 2017-2018 financial year and the other documents required are accepted. No attached material or documents other than those required are forwarded to the evaluation committee. Files cannot be updated after the closing date for applications. You may, however, update any contact information (address, phone number and e-mail address) at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any document submitted in a language other than French or English must be accompanied by a certified translation.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.