The long and short-term academic programs are available in Canada across many universities and educational centres. International students and researchers may apply to BA, MA, PhD, and postdoctoral research programs in Canada. Moreover, summer schools and conferences are other excellent academic activities that make Canada an attractive destination for scholars and scientists. Many programs also come with fully-funded scholarships and fellowships, travel grants, and financial aid. Thus every student, researcher, and professor can always find a fully-funded suitable program in Canada and apply.
Canada is among the few countries that provide generous scholarships and fellowships for international students and researchers to study and work in Canada. The grants, awards, fellowships, and scholarships are offered through Canada's Government, Federal Districts, Universities, Research Centers, and Foundations. Application deadlines may vary and should be checked manually through each University, Foundation, and Federal district websites.
Below we are presenting the list of international academic and educational opportunities available in Canada. This list will be updated regularly.
- International Scholarship Opportunities for non-Canadians in Canada
- Government of Canada Undergraduate, Graduate, Doctoral and Post-Doctoral Scholarships, Awards and Bursaries
- Scholarships Search for non-Canadian Students and Postdoctoral Researchers to Study in Canada
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
- Scholarships for International Higher Education Students in Alberta
- Merit Scholarships for Foreign Students in Québec
- The Lester B. Pearson International Student Scholarships, University of Toronto
- Killam Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, University of British Columbia
- Canadian Francophonie Scholarship Program
- Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
- Elevate Post-Doctoral Fellowships, Mitacs
- Public Leadership Program, Jeanne Sauvé Foundation
- Health Canada Fellowship Programs
- International Council For Canadian Studies Postdoctoral Fellowships
- Programs of the Canadian Bureau for International Education
- African Leaders of Tomorrow Scholarship Program
- Canadian Francophonie Scholarship Program
- International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)-A United Nations Agency-Fellowship and Scientific Visit Program in Canada
- Trudeau Foundation Scholarships
- Scholarships for Refugees in Canada
- Canadian Association of Physicists Scholarships
Canada is home to the best Universities in the world, such as McGill and the University of Toronto. The mentioned two are only a few among more than 100 great Universities in Canada. Apparently, every University in Canada will have scholarships for international or/and local students. We advise all interested students who wish to start or continue their higher education in Canada to check the Canadian university's websites they'd like to study in.
If you type in Google the university's name and "scholarship", you will almost certainly see the particular university's scholarship page. Universities may have only one page, where they will present all available scholarships for undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate studies and individual research grants. Some of the Universities may have separate pages for scholarships for each study or research level.
Below we present several University scholarship pages, and we will update this list regularly.
University Scholarships in Canada
- Scholarships, Awards, Bursaries and Grants in McMaster University
- International Scholarships at the University of Regina
- Graduate Scholarships & Awards at the University of Regina
- Top Scholarships at the University of Guelph
- Graduate and Post-Doctoral Scholarships at the University of Guelph
- Student Financial Services at the University of Guelph
- Awards, Scholarships, and Bursaries of the University of Calgary
- Student Awards for International Students at Saskatchewan Polytechnic
- Entrance Scholarships at the University of Waterloo
- International Student Scholarships at the University de Montreal
Canada's Governmental, Public and Private funds and foundations offer various individual grants and grants for organizations. These grants are often open for international applicants and are offered to foster cooperation and collaboration between Canadian agencies, universities, and researchers with their partners around the globe. Such grants are primarily aimed to solve problems and issues that humanity faces our days. Among such issues are poverty, war and peace issues, migration, the planet's environmental future, climate change, development of the third world countries, electoral processes and democracy, etc.
Below we present several organizational and individual grants' pages. We will update this list regularly.
Organizational and Individual Grants in Canada
- Grants and funding from the Government of Canada
- Canada Council for the Arts Grants
- Funding from the International Development Research Centre
- Environmental Funding Programs, Government of Canada
- Environment and Climate Change Canada funding programs
- The Canada Fund for Local Initiatives in more than 120 countries
- Canada-China Scholars' Exchange Program
- Grand Challenges Grant Opportunities
- Grants from Genome Canada