Feodor Lynen Research Fellowship
Sponsorship for research stays worldwide by researchers from Germany of all disciplines and at all career stages. Applicants choose an academic host from some 15,000 academics in the Humboldt Network abroad.
- for post-doctoral researchers (up to four years after completing a doctorate):
6 to 24 months
- For experienced researchers (up to 12 years after completing a doctorate):
6 to 18 months, divisible into a maximum of three visits over three years
The fellowship amount varies according to target country and personal circumstances: a fellow heading for the USA, for example, currently receives €3,305 per month, or up to €5,320 if accompanied by a marital partner and two children. Travel expenses are paid in addition. Moreover, it is possible to apply for a return fellowship to Germany lasting up to 12 months.
After your fellowship – and throughout your entire academic career – you will be able to benefit from Humboldt Foundation sponsorship. You can apply for funding for further research collaborations with international partners and join a network of more than 28,000 Humboldtians across the globe.
- above average academic history and academic record
- host's confirmation of research facilities
Experienced researchers also require:
- their own academic profile
- professional experience at least at the level of assistant professor or junior research group leader or several years‘ independent scientific employment
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.